Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #99

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwg212 View Post
We have just learned that if you are a snow bird and coming to Nevada and expecting to stay for the whole summer, you will be required to register your vehicle and change your address to Nevada. The state law is if you drive on Nevada roads more than 30 days in a calendar year you will be required to register your vehicle(s) in Nevada. If you don't you can be find up to $1200 per vehicle.
We are working on this now. The constables office in Boulder City have already targeted the RV parks, right now there has been over 100 given warnings about it.
Some years ago I looked into taking IT consulting jobs in CA and living in our MH. Found the same thing there so I didn't do it. It didn't matter that I still had a stick house with my wife living in WA, I would still have to retitle my MH in CA, pay sales tax and get a CA drivers license. No way was I going for that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
"Just more Bad Laws passed for the "special interest" of a greedy few... Typical !!!"

Walmart, Lets see,,, probably the richest family in the US and they want you in their parking lot for free, out of the goodness of their heart?!? Get real! They want you there to spend real money, perhaps spend the night and move on. It is they that should be persecuted for allowing staying there at all. They now take away from other legit businesses (RV parks) by allowing other greedy people to overuse their lot.
They offer no benefits to workers and pay minimum wage. They didn't become the richest 1% of the 1% by being magnanimous, they got there by being greedy beyond greedy! Then, there are those who pull up in a 750,000$ moho and spend a week there, don't spend dollar 1, because Walmart has a policy.
Many cities accross the US now overturn Walmats policy decisions saying that while Walmart leases the land from the city it's still city property and they want you to support RV parks after hours. I agree with that and would hope that others here do too. Most RV parks are private property made useable through their investment and paying workers living wages.They deserve our money to stay overnight. I think most folks realize that when they stay at a Walmart lot they are directly suppoting the richest 1 % while directly contributing to fewer and fewer RV parks. If you wish to enjoy the open road and your lifestyle, stay at an RV park and pay your rent.
-Paul R. Haller-
I don't know what your problem is with Walmart. I am proud to say I am a semi-retired WalMart driver. I know a lot that goes on in the WM parking lots and it is not WalMart. There are WM stores where we (WM trucks) are not allowed to take our break but it is ok for outside trucks and RVs to stay. WalMart was ordered to post No Idling signs at all their stores coast to coast because an outside truck was caught idling, and the Feds fined WM. I have seen truckers throw their garbage and pee bottles in the parking lot many times. I saw several RVs dump in the drains. Where do you want me to stop? Also Mr. Haller I have to say that WM has been a great place to work and I owe it to Sam Walton (1%) that I can travel this great country and LIVE THE DREAM in my coach.
sportscoach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #101

National RV Owners Club
Re post 95 and KOA at Van Horn. Traveling east on I-10 between Christmas and New Years I could not find an RV park in Sierra Blanca so opted for the KOA in Van Horn. $38 for one night - a bit much I thought but I was tired and needed the rest. Yes it is a nice park but like all KOA's a tad overpriced in my opinion. I did not stay there on the return trip.
Safe Travels
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscoach1 View Post
I don't know what your problem is with Walmart. I am proud to say I am a semi-retired WalMart driver. I know a lot that goes on in the WM parking lots and it is not WalMart. There are WM stores where we (WM trucks) are not allowed to take our break but it is ok for outside trucks and RVs to stay. WalMart was ordered to post No Idling signs at all their stores coast to coast because an outside truck was caught idling, and the Feds fined WM. I have seen truckers throw their garbage and pee bottles in the parking lot many times. I saw several RVs dump in the drains. Where do you want me to stop? Also Mr. Haller I have to say that WM has been a great place to work and I owe it to Sam Walton (1%) that I can travel this great country and LIVE THE DREAM in my coach.
Yeah, the Walmartbashing goes on... they get accused of having more part time employees than any other company... of course they have more stores. They get accused of selling more foreign-made (China made) merchandise than others... sure, again because they sell more merchandise in more stores. Walmart is no different in their business model from others such as Sears or Target... just bigger. Accusations have a strong political underpinning... [moderator edit]
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
When Sam Walton was alive he road around in his old pick up with his dog Roy and went to the WalMart stores all over Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas to see how his employees are treated by supervision and also how his employees treated the Walmart customers. I have nothing but admiration for the Walmart brand and their business acumen.....If I have a choice to stay at Walmart for free for one night and paying 38 dollars for one night at a KOA I will opt for Walmart everytime.....If I am at my destination area I will stay at an RV Park of my choice for an extended period and be happy to pay the price.

My Mom worked as a greeter at Walmart in Stillwell, Oklahoma and when Sam came to town he would enter and greet all his employees working at the store by name if they had any tenure there at all. Instead of calling them greedy why don't you call them smarter then the average bear? You, Mr. Hailer, being a Free American have the same opportunity as Sam Walton did....How many people do you employ? E
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #104

I have been curious for all my RVing years- Why is it when a trucker stops o’night he is “resting” when a RVer stops o’night he is “camping”? What defines the difference between resting and camping if only one night?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabfado View Post
When Sam Walton was alive he road around in his old pick up with his dog Roy and went to the WalMart stores all over Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas to see how his employees are treated by supervision and also how his employees treated the Walmart customers. I have nothing but admiration for the Walmart brand and their business acumen.....If I have a choice to stay at Walmart for free for one night and paying 38 dollars for one night at a KOA I will opt for Walmart everytime.....If I am at my destination area I will stay at an RV Park of my choice for an extended period and be happy to pay the price.

My Mom worked as a greeter at Walmart in Stillwell, Oklahoma and when Sam came to town he would enter and greet all his employees working at the store by name if they had any tenure there at all. Instead of calling them greedy why don't you call them smarter then the average bear? You, Mr. Hailer, being a Free American have the same opportunity as Sam Walton did....How many people do you employ? E
Well Said!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #106

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Saunder View Post
Tomball TX, is RV unfriendly, Verified with the City 1-12-2012, No RV may be parked in the City for over 4 hrs. No RV can stay in a lic RV park for more than 90days. Dont drive thur park or shop, local pd will ticket you. John Saunders
This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts.

A new member makes a fallacious remark his one and only post and never justifies why he even made it. I happened to be in Tomball today and happened to be able to ask a Tomball police officer about the ban that John so emphatically stated was in place, apparently the "City" has not passed this information to the PD because he didn't know what I was talking about.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcoxid View Post
I have been curious for all my RVing years- Why is it when a trucker stops o’night he is “resting” when a RVer stops o’night he is “camping”? What defines the difference between resting and camping if only one night?
a

From the perspective of most people, the trucker and the RVer are resting... not camping... Unless the RV'er puts out lawn chairs, a BBQ, mat, etc. and settles in for a stay. Some towns have campgrounds that pressure the townships to consider it "camping" every time an RV stops. The CGs in those towns are just doing themselves a disservice... ultimately the RV owners will learn of this and know to move on.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #108

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal

I just added the site to my favorites as it would help us a ton. I just clicked on a MI which is where we are an seen 4 areas that don't allow overnighting. One to be Traverse City WalMart. I don't think they enforce anything here beacuse there are rv's in that lot every night.
After going some of those, most don't look like city ord., they *look* like just WM's that dont allow night parking.
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwg212 View Post
We have just learned that if you are a snow bird and coming to Nevada and expecting to stay for the whole summer, you will be required to register your vehicle and change your address to Nevada. The state law is if you drive on Nevada roads more than 30 days in a calendar year you will be required to register your vehicle(s) in Nevada. If you don't you can be find upto $1200 per vehicle.
We are working on this now. The constables office in Boulder City have already targetted the RV parks, right now there has been over 100 given warnings about it.

I would sure like to see the statute on this. In the past somebody moving to Nevada and planning to become a resident was to register within thirty days. Many times people would come to Nevada and begin working and not register as a resident. This is not new and has been going on since the 1970's. Every so often the state attempts to crack down on those obviously living and not visiting and not registered.

The thirty day driving on Nevada roads makes no sense at all as there are many at Tahoe and Truckee that commute to Reno or Carson City every day for work thus driving on Nevada roads 200 or more days a year and have been doing it for years with never a residency issue and they are California residents.

Nevada Revised Statutes 482.103 and 483.141 define resident and residency and exclude those that consider themselves 'tourists'. Incidentally, those that are becomming residents can have the fine lowered to only $200, not $1200 if they miss the 30 day period. (The fine in the statutes was never $1200). I suspect if somebody has no other residency location or is working full time in Nevada living in an RV registered to another state they might be suspect as to not being tourists. Otherwise the statutes are pretty straight forward. Nevada is based on a tourism economy making it hard to believe that a snowbird from somewhere else would have to be a Neavda resident just to visit for a summer. In fact, the statutes state that drivers licenses will NOT be issued to visitors.