Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #1

Universal Orlando

We are thinking of heading over to Universal for a few days after we leave Disney, but I have some questions.

1). Will two days be enough to see the two Harry Potter parks.
2). Where is a good Campground to stay at?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I've never been to the Harry Potter parks, but my wife's best friend and her husband have yearly passes. They mentioned last week that although they've been there a half dozen times already there are still things that they haven't seen in the park.
So my guess is that two days will give you enough time to hit the high points, but likely not enough time to see ALL of it. I'm sure a lot of that depends on how many and which rides you go on - therefore spending time waiting in line when you could be still moving and 'seeing' more.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I just left Fort Wilderness. We went to Universal and Harry Potter world. It cost $700 for 2 adults and 2 kids for both parks, one day. We got there last Wednesday at 8:30 AM. It was a very slow day there. We had the me to do everything we wanted to do. Left at about 9:00 PM. Wait times ranged from 20 minutes for Despicable Me ride, to 175 minutes for King Kong and the Hulk rides. We rode the Hogwarts Express between parks. Save your ticket stubs. You need them for the train.
Cricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #4

The info on the park is great and makes us want to go more. But I have to find a decent campground. It appears that the Encore chain are the only ones' close by and their reviews are not very good. We leave Disney on a Friday so we will be at the park on a weekend. Being it will be in November maybe it want be to crowded.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fort Wilderness is nearby. They have busses that will take you directly to the parks from the CG. We stayed there. Very very nice place to stay. Loads of things to do without ever leaving.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
There will NEVER be a bus from Disney to any other attraction!!! But Ft. Wilderness is only about a 20 min drive to Universal.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
There will NEVER be a bus from Disney to any other attraction!!! But Ft. Wilderness is only about a 20 min drive to Universal.
Ummmm......Disney owns Universal Studios.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
WDW

Universal Orlando

No, they don't. But they (Disney)did buy the comic company (Marvel)that owns Spider-Man. However that licensed use is a limited right to Universal in Orlando/ Florida with a 60 mile trade limit.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We are thinking of heading over to Universal for a few days after we leave Disney, but I have some questions.

1). Will two days be enough to see the two Harry Potter parks.
2). Where is a good Campground to stay at?
I would recommend Kissimee KOA. It's a great park and less than 30 mins door to door. 2 days is enough to see both parks, but 3 would give you some extra time to revisit favorites. Harry Potter attractions are well done and definitely worth the visit.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:37 AM   #10

We are staying at Ft. wilderness while seeing Disney and Hilda is checking to see if she can add a few days. I read somewhere that we could take a taxi to Universal. This would be great being we don't want to take our car.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:45 AM   #11
WDW

Taxi or town car, however for less $$ you can have Alamo / National (they are the exclusive vendor on Disney property ) pick you up right at Fort Wilderness and take you to their rental center over by the Magic Kingdom. You can rent a car, then drive from there and return the car. With discounts you might save some dollars and have a little more flexibility and freedom in case you want to make some other stops along the way.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:45 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We are staying at Ft. wilderness while seeing Disney and Hilda is checking to see if she can add a few days. I read somewhere that we could take a taxi to Universal. This would be great being we don't want to take our car.
Yes you can and it is about $35 one way. The front where the office is has taxi numbers and will pick you up right there. Even at $70 round trip it is less than driving your own car and paying parking fees, plus they drop you right at the entrance no parking lot ride or walk. Uber could be cheaper if you want a bit of a different adventure ..
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #13

Parking fees are $20. Not sure how taking a cab would be less?
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricco View Post
Fort Wilderness is nearby. They have busses that will take you directly to the parks from the CG. We stayed there. Very very nice place to stay. Loads of things to do without ever leaving.
Cricco is right, there used to be buses from WDW to Universal, they were run by Mears Motor Shuttle and they operated as part of a package called "The Universal Escape". I don't think they offer it any longer, but they were very popular for a few years. Universal subsidized the package price by reducing the ticket prices so that the bus was practically free.

I love Disney, we want to go back in the spring, we've been there over 20 times......kids at heart.....we've never camped there, but I'm looking forward to it!
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote