Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Visiting Seattle - Where to stay for a few days

One of our stops for our summer vacation is Seattle. I want to take the kids to pikes place market, the underground tour, space needle, and more! I am looking for a place to stay with our 40ft MH that is close, SAFE, etc. I would love to get suggestions.

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seattle / Tacoma KOA | Camping in Washington | KOA Campgrounds This is in Kent Wa. About 15 miles from downtown Seattle. I've been by there and it looks alright, never stayed. When my brother was looking for a place for a trailer I told him of it---so I think it is fine. He never stayed there either his plans changed---no trailer. It says it handles 50 ft---so you could take a look at it---give them a call.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

A good place is Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. We lived in Bothell for several years so we never stayed there, but I've heard very good reports about it.

One major advantage is that the county bus service (King County Metro) comes by with fairly frequent service into the city, with a stop right outside the park gate. You can go into the city without having to fight the parking hassles or the traffic (which are both horrible).

Having been living 60 miles or so away for the last 12 years, I'm a bit out of date about the area, so I don't know what the current bus route numbers are.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the info...the bus sounds like a great option!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
A good place is Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. . . . .
Great Place, try the Imperial Wok about two miles north of the campground.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just had a thought---you may want to look at places on the Olympic Penninsula accross Puget Sound. Taking the ferry is part of the Seattle experience----you may find interesting RV accomodations in the coastal areas. Once you get into Seattle public transportation will get you to the sights pretty easily. It used to be free within certain blocks---haven't done it in a while so not sure what it is now. Just a thought. Also the Olympic Penninsula has many sight to see.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
A good place is Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell...
We stayed there in 2009. Nice place.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42
Just had a thought---you may want to look at places on the Olympic Penninsula accross Puget Sound. Taking the ferry is part of the Seattle experience----you may find interesting RV accomodations in the coastal areas. Once you get into Seattle public transportation will get you to the sights pretty easily. It used to be free within certain blocks---haven't done it in a while so not sure what it is now. Just a thought. Also the Olympic Penninsula has many sight to see.
Would I be able to take a 40ft mh + tv on a ferry?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #9

Yes, but at a hell of a price. If you stayed at a CG over on Bainbridge Island or the Kitsap (not the Olympic) peninsula, you'd only have the whole rig on once and you could park the TV at the Peninsula ferry terminal and ride to Seattle as foot passengers. Ferries to downtown Seattle only run from either Bremerton or Bainbridge Island. The others go to terminals some distance from town, so you'd need the TV as family wheels.

Frank
Old 07-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #10

We just returned from our trip to Seattle. We stayed at Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. Since we had stayed there a few years earlier, we were aprehensive about staying there again. We had two different bad experiences with the manager that wore the cowboy hat. This time, he was no longer there. Our experience was great. They were very accomodating and pleasant in every way possibly, making our stay the best possible. We wholeheartedly endorse staying there. It is probably one of the best RV parks in the area.
Have Fun, Indiana Journey
Old 07-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #11

Lake Pleasant for sure. Not too expensive and about 30 minutes from Seattle. I usually stay in my back yard when I'm in Seattle.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
We are currently staying on the Olympic Pennisula and went into Seattle by ferry yesterday. Did a walk-on as the ferry ends in the middle of downtown (short walk to Pikes Place and public transportation). A couple of days ago we took another ferry over to Victoria, BC. Staying on the Olympic is great as it is much quieter and there is lots of natural beauty and things to do here.
Good luck and let us know where you stay??
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralie
We are currently staying on the Olympic Pennisula and went into Seattle by ferry yesterday. Did a walk-on as the ferry ends in the middle of downtown (short walk to Pikes Place and public transportation). A couple of days ago we took another ferry over to Victoria, BC. Staying on the Olympic is great as it is much quieter and there is lots of natural beauty and things to do here.
Try lake Sawyer resort in Kent wa
Great lake
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralie
Does the park you are in have room for a 40 ft mh? Is there more than one park?
Closed Thread