Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #1

Hi Guys
We are coming over from Aussie approx May 06, &
getting married in Las Vegas

We want to hire an Rv or motorhome and do a week or two touring from Las Vegas after doing the deed -

Any suggestions? Also any recommendation's of who is the most reputable to Hire our transport/accommodation from ?

Thanks
Katie
Australia

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #2

Hi Guys
We are coming over from Aussie approx May 06, &
getting married in Las Vegas

We want to hire an Rv or motorhome and do a week or two touring from Las Vegas after doing the deed -

Any suggestions? Also any recommendation's of who is the most reputable to Hire our transport/accommodation from ?

Thanks
Katie
Australia

Old 09-26-2005, 01:51 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
WOW!
That a handful of a vacation !!
And CONGRATULATIONS !!! You'll have fun in Las Vegas.
First off, I am not sure who is the most reputable, i have never rented an RV in Vegas, but I see a fair number of RV's rented from Cruise America. I would bet anything they have an outlet in Vegas.
More importantly, WHERE are you thinking of traveling afterwards? From Vegas, you might go west and see SanFrancisco (!!), or maybe you want to see Yosemite National Park, or the beauty of Oregon, San Diego, the Grand Canyon. ehhh, not all of those were west, i just starting listing ideas.

Where do you guys think you want to go or what sort of stuff will you see? The western part of the U.S. is spread out, much like Aussie, so you may want to give yourself a good couple weeks.

again, CONGRATS !!
MIke
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 AM   #4

Greetings, I am sure if you check out the web site: coolabah.com you will find some expats that live in Vegas, and can give you the true blue on motor home rentals, Oz is the same as the US for size, so to find out what you would like to see... I ask some blokes what would you like to see in Oz. Big City... New York = Sydney...Los Angeles = Perth...Miami = Melbourne..Darwin = Chicago... with the same amount of space in between...Petrol is about the same as in Oz...$3.00 US per gallon...MH does about 4-8 MPH lots of great stuff to see..same as in Oz. just how much $$...If you want to visit Kansas City, its about 2 days drive north of Las Vegas..started life as a cow town, now it is very much like Adelaide. 1 million Population.. you will enjoy the folks here... all the best....
Old 09-26-2005, 08:02 AM   #5

Just anouther thought, instead of a RV how about a house boat on Lake Powell? Gives you lots of privacy, and exposes you to the colourful west (mostly red), slot canyons, and lots of lonesome beaches (really flat rocks) for you and your bride. The best southwest stuff to see is in the Moab UT area or Lake Powell. Moab by RV and 4x4. With just a week, I do the lake.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #6

Utah and Arizona has some great places to visit if you like the outdoors - Zion National Park, Arches, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde.

I met people from Germany and England this past summer that rented their RVs from Cruise America.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:59 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations, sounds like the beginning of a wonderful life.

If you have one week, I'd stick close like southern Utah. The National Park scenery is spectacular, and there are great campsites that will be empty that time of year. You could see Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Arches, Canyonlands ect and not do too much driving. We just did that trip but threw in Rocky Mtn. NP for week number two. But like FatDog wrote, you tell us where you would like to go and I'm sure you will get lots of help.

In our travels we saw mostly Cruise America. Unfortunately we never got a chance to ask how they were liking the experience, and if they had any problems.

Mesa Verde is a great park with interesting history. Grand Canyon, south and north rim. So much to see. Yosemite is not too far, and in our backyard so Patty and I are partial. We are sure you will have a great time
Old 09-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #8

Thanks guys for all your great information !

We have both been to the US, and my 'better half' lived in the US, for a couple of years in the mid 1980's when he rode bikes professionally. We plan to come back in a couple of years and spend a year or two travelling round via motorhome so I suppose this is like a mini fact gathering mission

We only have about 10 days available - so I suppose we will drive up from LA to Vegas or visa versa, and so, maybe suggestions in that area. I would like to see the Grand Canyon as I hear it is spectacular. From memory I think it is about 4 hrs North of Vegas ??

Windbreaker, the houseboat is a great idea - however, we have a Cat up in the Whitsundays and spend abit of time up there.

Tom & Patty - I had a look at some of your photo's of the canyon, yes, looks really beautiful & some great suggestions And like you said we really only have a week, before we have to move on. - would like further info of the areas you mention. And the Ghost Town, is it really haunted?

Medorg - fantastic website... hehehehe... loved your definition of our citys and yours.

Thanks again guys.... any input is much appreciated !!

Hugs from Aussie
Katie

Kayla and Abby are pretty cute to!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 AM   #9

Here are a couple of photo albums for you:

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid546038&pathID=1151381
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid1562892&pathID=1151380

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote