Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
voyaguers national park

Getting close to time to leave on our big trip of the year.

Not as long as recent years, at 1 week plus travel, but special indeed. Carol's family has gone to Pine Aire Resort on Lake Kabetogama, in Voyaguers national park in Norethern Minnesota, for 3 generations. Really, her Grampa took them there when she was a little girl.

Our family has been there many many times, but less often in recent years, and not at all in 4 or 5. We decided to explore different places, and we'll continue to do that, but this year, we're going "home"

It was mostly my family, and Carol's sister Lori's who've done "Kab." Lori and Phil especially, I don't think they have ever missed a year, and some years they have gone twice. The others, not as much. It's particularly hard with Ron and I, he's my right hand in the business, and we really can't be gone at the same time. Once that I recall, and I broke my leg that year.

Anyway, this year, Carol's Brother Ken, wife Shannon, and Kayla and Andrew are going. When we heard that, we signed on in a heartbeat. Best news is Pine Aire resort has expanded thier campground, and they have room for my new super bus, LAKESIDE since I reserved early.

Anyway, I can't wait... We leave next Friday morning, and I brought the bus home this afternoon to get ready... Now we're pretty good at this camping stuff these days, we get ready in a couple hours.... sigh.

Actually, don't tell anyone, but I'm sitting in my driveway in the bus, a/c roaring and nascar XM on the satelite radio.

I don't feel bad tho. Kayla is more excited than me, she's only been there once, and she was too little to remember it. To her, it's just this mythical place that me and her Dad talk about a lot.

JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jim, I sure hope that this is a private or local park and not a STATE park! I just heard on the news that Minn. has closed down ALL of its state parks due to lack of funds.

Have a great 4th!
1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB 36' w/slide.
Ford F53/460 chassis, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee "toad"
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote