Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Washington DC on a budget

Hello, I was hoping that someone knows an RV park for a 40' MH close to a Washington DC metro at a price in the $40 or less per day. I have seen the KOA and Cherry Hill ads but 58/ day hurts the budget. Thanks for your help

wwwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Not sure if they are open this time of year, but try Prince William (NPS)Trailer Village, a concessionaire at:
Travel Trailer Village

Full Hookup
$32.00 plus tax (family of two) Electric & Water
$29.00 plus tax (family of two) Extra person charge $4.00 plus tax Good Sam or Senior Discount 10% (62 & over) Children 5 years old & under no charge Dump station fee (non-guest) $20.00

wkdwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Freightliner Owners Club
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

I think you might be able to trade a vote on Tuesday for a parking spot!
Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #4

You might consider the Green Belt National Park - If you dry camp and have a vehicle to get to the Metro. I was amazed to find such a nice national park within 20 miles or so of downtown DC.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Even tho Cherry Hill may be a bit pricey for you, you may want to reconsider. The city bus stop is there and the tour bus is there. We found that to be very convenient when we stayed last year. They also have a nice orientation meeting each afternoon for new arrivals. At this meeting they cover the buses, tours, recommendations, answer specific questions on DC and so forth.
2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
Newmar Owners Club
Hey, RVThere:

It'd probably cost ya at least two or three votes!!

2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We stayed at Prince William Travel Trailer Village back in 97 and found it to be very nice for the money. We drove into DC early on the weekend and found a parking place near the Smithsonian and walked every where we wanted to go. I understand you can park at a Metro station South of DC and ride the Metro in also.
Bill & Camillla
Thor Four Winds 31L Class C and Jeep Liberty
WA4SLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Keep in mind that Cherry Hill also includes sewers and sufficent electrical amperage versus Prince William plus doorstep transportation. Sometimes the extra goodies offset the other things. Prince William also used to have a lenght restriction
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DC on a small budget.

I too am/was looking for an inexpensive site for DC. I liked the cost and location of the Greenbelt but I was not sure about the no hookups. I found that Thousand Trails has a special of $499 per year for the whole southeast from Va south. You can stay up to 14 days at any one park. I have selected two parks in the DC / Williamsburg area which will give me four weeks. If I did not use it anywhere else during the year (which I will) that would bring my cost down to less than $18 a day. There are a lot of associated parks you can also get discounts at. I am planning on using these for the entire summer of 2011 in DC and that will me some time to visit some of the TT parks in Maine and all points between. I did pay extra for the ability to visit parks in the Northeast. Just read carefully so you understand what you get each year and what possible fees some parks may charge for longer stays. Since you can only stay 14 days and need 7 days away, I plan on using the Greenbelt park between the TT parks.

CityOnA-Hill is offline   Reply With Quote

washington dc