Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Weather in Southern AL in Nov.

What is the weather like on the gulf coast in southern Alabama in November? Any good campsites in this area?
Thanks,
__________________

__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clayobx's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Willow Lakes RV & Golf Resort, FL
Posts: 3,116
Iffy! We live at Mexico Beach, FL. Little further south and east. Generally lows in fifties high in seventies. But, you never know? I would come to Fl and stay at Destin West, Camp Gulf, tight if you have a big rug, Navarre fl has a great CG. Panama Beach, Emerald coast RV is nice?
__________________

__________________
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar


 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 7,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
What is the weather like on the gulf coast in southern Alabama in November? Any good campsites in this area?
Thanks,
Quite a few good CGs in the Foley / Orange Beach / Gulf Shores, AL area. There is a large SP with FHU there also. "Fancy" Motor Coach resorts such as Bella Terra are also an option.
__________________
2016 EC Aspire 42RBQ / 2014 CR-V
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Iffy! We live at Mexico Beach, FL. Little further south and east. Generally lows in fifties high in seventies. But, you never know? I would come to Fl and stay at Destin West, Camp Gulf, tight if you have a big rug, Navarre fl has a great CG. Panama Beach, Emerald coast RV is nice?
Clay: Thanks for the suggestions. I have about two weeks, max. Will keep an eye on the extended forecast before heading down.
__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Quite a few good CGs in the Foley / Orange Beach / Gulf Shores, AL area. There is a large SP with FHU there also. "Fancy" Motor Coach resorts such as Bella Terra are also an option.
edgray: Thank you for the input. I'll look at those.
__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
DebbieMH's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana & Alabama
Posts: 2,575
Gulf Shores state park is excellent. As far as weather - can be cold, can be hot - it changes al the time!
__________________
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kids Carl & Alvin
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Iron Man's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,051
X2 Gulf State Park. Been there a bunch and enjoy it. Good location to the beach and shopping.
__________________
John, Pam, Nicholas, Aria
NKK 16073L
2007 Essex 4502
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
paz
Senior Member
 
paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Full-timers - Home is where we park it.
Posts: 4,716
I hate to contradict what others have said, but we have found the weather in lower Alabama in November to be nice for the most part. We have spent all of November here for the past several years arriving in late Oct after the oppressive summer heat is done and leaving right after Thanksgiving.

It can get a little cool, and you sometimes need a jacket (especially at night and especially toward the end of November), but the days tend to be warm and sunny with temperatures in the 60s and 70s - even into the 80s. It usually doesn't get cold until Jan and Feb.
__________________
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
I hate to contradict what others have said, but we have found the weather in lower Alabama in November to be nice for the most part. We have spent all of November here for the past several years arriving in late Oct after the oppressive summer heat is done and leaving right after Thanksgiving.

It can get a little cool, and you sometimes need a jacket (especially at night and especially toward the end of November), but the days tend to be warm and sunny with temperatures in the 60s and 70s - even into the 80s. It usually doesn't get cold until Jan and Feb.
We plan on being there the last ten or so days of November. Hope your experience continues on to this year as well. Thanks for chiming in!
__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
X2 Gulf State Park. Been there a bunch and enjoy it. Good location to the beach and shopping.
I checked online and couldn't make any reservations. Do you think it is full for the month of November? Thanks!
__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
DebbieMH's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana & Alabama
Posts: 2,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I checked online and couldn't make any reservations. Do you think it is full for the month of November? Thanks!
I'm sure they have at least a spot or two depending how long you want to stay. Give them a call
__________________
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kids Carl & Alvin
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
srh
Senior Member
 
srh's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I'm sure they have at least a spot or two depending how long you want to stay. Give them a call
I did call and was told that do have spaces available. Thank you all or your helpful input!
__________________
srh
2008 Signature
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Jimooo's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amite, La.
Posts: 289
X2 on Gulf State Park , great park low temps could be possible in the low 30s very few times during winter but that low temp does not last long just the early morning , lots of amenities close by park.

Good Luck,

James
__________________
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
More ideas, and a note on Gulf State Park being full this time of year:
What A Difference A Month Makes (Gulf State Park, Alabama) - Fiberglass RV
Blackwater River State Park and State Forest - Fiberglass RV
Topsail and Grayton Beach State Parks - in Florida Panhandle - Fiberglass RV
Blue Angel Park - Perdido Bay, Florida - Fiberglass RV
__________________

__________________
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.