Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #1

welcome to Kamp KLamath

We are working here at Kamp Klamath in north west CA. it is a nice place with even nicer people there Is a Lot to do here and MH ,camper,and tent sites are available. so if your passing thru or looking for a nice place to stay awhile stop in and see us. we are working hard to make this the best place we can to make your visit the best it can be. we are on the Klamath river just off the 101. near by stuff to do red wood trees, we have a local bald eagle that flies over all day and off spray too. there is jet boat rides up river and beaches every where. there are a lot of other stuff to do here as well we just go here so I don't know it all yet. lol we also will have are 2 gold clams open soon they are just north of us. hope to see some of y'all up here. this summer. hope this is in the right place and is ok to post just wanted to share this great place with y'all. well off to work now. have a great summer. Dwayne and Shara!

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would be interested in knowing what improvements have been made in the last two years. In 2011 we had reservations for this park and upon arrival quickly decided to stay across the river at another park. At the time this was mainly permanent homes and very junky appearance (one review referred to it as Sanford and sons, and that is a good description).

If things have improved it would be nice to have current pictures showing the area. The website pictures are the same from back then and they are misleading. I am sure things are better and would like to hear about the changes.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I would be interested in knowing what improvements have been made in the last two years. In 2011 we had reservations for this park and upon arrival quickly decided to stay across the river at another park. At the time this was mainly permanent homes and very junky appearance (one review referred to it as Sanford and sons, and that is a good description).

If things have improved it would be nice to have current pictures showing the area. The website pictures are the same from back then and they are misleading. I am sure things are better and would like to hear about the changes.

there are no old houses here the old log cabin did burn down. how ever we are building that in to a big stage for bands and other events we are also rebuilding the bathrooms and showers doing a lot of clearing making it nicer every day. it is not a rv resort how ever is now a nice camp ground. there are 2 older campers here that 2 permanent workers live. but one is near the office and one is in the back out of sight. both people are great. this is our first time here. how ever the owner Is really trying to shape things up. just yesterday we went to home depot and spent 4000 on just the bathrooms. later this week I will be rebuilding the roads in the park and the driveways in the sites. we now have a play ground for the kids and we are also clearing out the river front to give you a great place to fish. now with that said as you get off 101 there is a smashed car and trash on a trailer that I'm trying to get the local Indians to clean up but they don't seem to care and that is on there land so it is hard to get them to do any thing. but that is 2 miles down the road. as far as pics as soon as I can get them up I will. I would also like to say here at Kamp Klamath we are all about the campers your in put is very important to us. I take my role here very serious. and will push and issues anyone has until they are fixed. we are reshaping this camp ground in to a great place. we don't want it to be a resort how ever we do want it one of the best places for everyone to in joy. we are pet friendly and kid friendly. so if you have any questions please feel free to call me at 512-516-3750 my name is Dwayne my phone is always on. even if I'm sleeping.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the update! The location is very good. When we were last in the area a mother whale had her baby in the river. It was an awesome thing to see.

I would be interested in staying in the park this summer as we prefer non-resort family style. Please post pictures as they are available.

Thank you!

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
We have stayed at least 3 seperate times. Though not a classy place very quiet and people were very nice. Cost was good at about 17.00 w/Passport America.
Would certainly stay again.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarpetguy View Post
We have stayed at least 3 seperate times. Though not a classy place very quiet and people were very nice. Cost was good at about 17.00 w/Passport America.
Would certainly stay again.
thank you. hope to see you here. here at kamp Klamath we have the most important rule enjoy your stay. and help the campers as much as you can. and we try to do that every time. we have about 10 campers here now and will be getting more daily. now that it's getting warmer and drier. come see us and make your own choice about us.
we are always looking to here your input on what you want from us. more games better this or that please tell us if you do we can only get better. and thanks again