Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #1

Smile We'll be on the road again

Good morning to all , I will be leaving on a trip in Aug I will be traveling with 25 show toy poodles , I will leave NV in Aug going in to Topeka KS , Cheyenne WY Greeley Co Farmington UT Helena MT , Rapid City SD and back to Greeley Co Maybe now these spots or set in stone that is when the dog show are on in that order was wondering how many hours should I drive be for I find a place to say, and I don't want to be setting up in the dark . have to sent up rugs for flooring for the dogs ( not dirt they have to stay clean ) ex pens for them to excursus in and clean up after them , And what is he weather like in these states in Aug and Oct I don't want snow any help would be appreciated thanks
alwayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #2

We have stayed at KOA in Cheyenne. Nice people - don't miss Morris House Bistro for dinner - Reservations a must - outstanding food and service! Chef is an attorney during the day. Great couple who owned and run it.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #3

Are you traveling in an rv? If you plan to stay in established campgrounds with grass for your dogs, I would call ahead and inform them of the number of animals you have and ask for availability to avoid disappointment.
Without dogs, we travel at 62-65 mph but find that with occasional rest and fuel stops we actually average about 50 mph! We do not care to drive more than about 250 miles per day.
The Automobile Club's Tour Books give average temperatures by month for many locales. Or, you might search the web for the NOAA weather website for historical temps. I'd guess August will be hot and October starting to cool where you are headed.
Hope you have a good, safe and successful trip.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd be concerned about the state laws regarding transporting 25 dogs into and out of the various states you are going through.

Do you have the shot records, etc for each dog?

I used to show dogs, Malamutes and a Poodle in obedience.

I assume you are a handler?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #5

RV parks normally have a 2-dog limit. Plus, 25 dogs left outside in pens will create some noise for your neighbors. Have you done this before?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
25 dogs...I just don't know what to say. I LOVE dogs and we have three of our own, but I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out than travel with 25 like mine. Good luck!
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #7

It is not easy and I am a lone but I am that way at home too , My dogs are pets first / and will always come first / then they are show dogs , and you have to have a system up at 5am ramp comes out ex- pens have been set up the night before with indoor/out door mats 12X12 , crates open word go potty and out they go . clean there space fix there food . clean potty up again , let them play . 7 am I sit down and have my coffee, and play with them the whole time I am with them , they are not allowed to bark more then 3 times . I am driving a Fleeetwood Excursion 2014. last time out it got hot and I turned on the air and since this is my first motorhome and I know it will not cool down the whole living space but the front cab by my legs didn't even seem to be cool/ cold not sure it wasn't working or I didn't do something right . I didn't get a walk threw and learned a lot on my own . but the dogs confront does concern me , how cool will the front of the cab get ? thank you for your time and any help Darlene
Old 06-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #8

yes I stayed at 3 parks coming home from WA/OR /ID/ dog shows , they didn't know how many I had they didn't ask I didn't tell , but like I said you have to have rules and a system , I am with them at all times , they are not allowed to bark and disturbed others, the area is keep spotless, there feet do not touch the parks ground , mates are placed down two 12x12 I ask to be placed at the far end of the grounds , not because of the dogs but my rig is diesel and as you know it has a warm up time and it does disturbed others , so I put every thing away and do my walk around the rig about 15 to 20 minutes and I get moving early , that is why I ask for the distance , I do carry all health records I have never been ask but I do carry them I get more attention for the amount of toy poodles I have at one time , red/ black/ white/ cream/apricot all groomed / and the puppies get a lot of attention too. I haven't been ask to leave any of them yet , but I wouldn't be rude about it if If was , but I think I am a better guest then some with kids and people that get loud with a little to much to drink. I am a breeder and I have a handler that has some of my dogs with them also and I meet them at the shows and the dogs that are finished Champions get to come home with me and I leave two unfinished ones with them I usually stay at the sits at the dog shows and then there is no problems with the dogs but they have rules there too. but on the road and coming home is when I stay at GoodSams and parks Thank you for you input and any help you can share Darlene
Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #9

Gosh I never thought about transporting them and breaking the law, I don't think it would be a problem the dogs are in their crates when traveling at all time on the floor bungeed down , they all have water the only problem is for me getting the to the bathroom with all the crates on the floor LOL It's not like they are crammed in one crate smashed together with no water or food and lets face it a new Fleetwood Excursion 2014 is not to shabby to travel in . I try to travel for 5 hours or 6 hours then stop and rest for the night I go about 60 to 65 miles weather permitting I like to have daylight still to set up and let the dogs out it takes about 2 to 3 hours to get them settled in fed play time and lot of good dog and petting and hugging , at night 4 to 5 sleep with me and they get rotated , after 2 weeks on the road I may get low on people food and I will shop in the evening because of the heat , everything is round the dogs and how safe they are, they love the motorhome , all I have to say is dog show they are ready , and I love the drive the rig the power and with the slides out its very nice I still have lots to learn about it and all the buttons but I am getting there I am no spring chicken 70 but still got a lot of life in me , I have never driven a motorhome, I am alone ( widowed ) was married to a CHP . You only have one shot in this life and I say go for it . Poodles are my passion , just like some like golf
Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When it's hot we run our generator and use the air conditioner as we drive down the road.
Many people do that and it helps keep the whole coach cool instead of trying to cool it down when you get to a campsite.

How are you doing at the shows? Any first places?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #11

thank you the info in the generator I have heard of doing that wasn't quite sure if I knew how to do it I posted some pictures of some of my dogs I am doing great in the ring this stunning little boy finished an a month and finished with 4 point majors
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #12

this Tiger he finished as a puppy also both are home waiting for another trip you don't see to many reds like this little guy
Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #13

this is one of male puppies looking for a forever home I call him Freddy , full of fun so cute and smart he was born on May 7