Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #1

West Yellowstone

After leaving W Yellowstone at end of May looking for some fun things to do and see on our way to Multnomah Falls. Suggestions ? Thanks all!
40 ft MH towing...

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
48beardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #2

Scenic route

Head to Ennis Mt, then to Virginia City, to Dillon, north to Divide, west to Wisdom, then on toward Missoula but take scenic hwy 12' then on to Walla Walla for wine, then on west! Spectacular drive!
Twin Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #3

You could head over to the Craters Of The Moon national monument in Idaho. 30,000 plus acres of black lava flow. Supposedly they used this as a training area for when they went to the moon. Also has shallow caves that were used by the Indians. They have camping there.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #4

20 through idaho falls to mtn home stopping in arco to visit the first atomic city and craters of the moon .mtn view rv park just outside of arco is a real gem.
from mtn home freeway to boise . lots to see and do in this area,84 to pdx
use toad to drive old columbia river hiway visiting vista house at crown point on way to multnomah falls
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbridges View Post
Head to Ennis Mt, then to Virginia City, to Dillon, north to Divide, west to Wisdom, then on toward Missoula but take scenic hwy 12' then on to Walla Walla for wine, then on west! Spectacular drive!

Thank u for info. Sounds great.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 AM   #6

Great idea. I've heard of it! Thanks
Old 01-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #7

Sounds great!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #8

We did Craters of the Moon this past September. All the black lava rock caused me to bore quickly. I mean everything is black! Not a lot of vegetation as you can imagine. We did the "scenic" drive through the park, stopped for a quick picnic lunch, then left. In summer time, temps have got to be right out of sight due to all that heat radiating from the black rock.

Bottom line, I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone not already in the area for something else (Like Yellowstone or the Tetons!).
Old 01-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
We did Craters of the Moon this past September. All the black lava rock caused me to bore quickly. I mean everything is black! Not a lot of vegetation as you can imagine. We did the "scenic" drive through the park, stopped for a quick picnic lunch, then left. In summer time, temps have got to be right out of sight due to all that heat radiating from the black rock.

Bottom line, I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone not already in the area for something else (Like Yellowstone or the Tetons!).

Thank u!
Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #10

Thought

Camped at Crater of the Moon, and toured. Interesting for about an hour. Live in Mt 6 months a year and the route I posted is an incredble visual experience.

Lots of campsites as well in parks, BLM and USFS sites.

Of course just an opinion.
Twin Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote