Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #29
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Almost. I was thinking the same, but the MH is bigger and the graphics are different. Those kinds of shots are great to show "the uninitiated" what RVing is all about. That's why I like this one:

....and why I too have some travel photos with our 5er in them:

Even with the West Coast fires smoke partially obscuring Devil's Tower

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
....and why I too have some travel photos with our 5er in them:

Even with the West Coast fires smoke partially obscuring Devil's Tower
"Yeah, I've got one just like it in my living room. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?"

Nice photo! We visited Devil's Tower in 1990.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #31
IC2

Quote:
"Yeah, I've got one just like it in my living room. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?"
We had to find a copy of that movie (local library!!) and watch it again once we got back home.

I think my wife enjoyed Devil's Tower about as well as anything on our latest trip.

To the OP - that is a great side trip to Devil's Tower if you have the time. A bit of a remote drive but well worth the time.

Then of course, Mt Rushmore and down the road from there, Chief Crazy Horse monument. The museum at Crazy Horse is well worth the time, too.

A little different view of Rushmore:

Old 12-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
We had to find a copy of that movie (local library!!) and watch it again once we got back home.

I think my wife enjoyed Devil's Tower about as well as anything on our latest trip.

To the OP - that is a great side trip to Devil's Tower if you have the time. A bit of a remote drive but well worth the time.

Then of course, Mt Rushmore and down the road from there, Chief Crazy Horse monument. The museum at Crazy Horse is well worth the time, too.

A little different view of Rushmore:

X2.

We went the opposite way. We went to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Deadwood, SD first and then headed to Yellowstone. We stopped at Devil's Tower along the way.

The KOA near Devil's Tower screens Close Encounters of the Third Kind nightly during the summer season.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Old 12-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another different view of Mount Rushmore (couldn't resist):

Old 12-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #34

I have never seen the "backside" of mount rushmore!
Old 12-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #35
IC2

Quote:
Another different view of Mount Rushmore (couldn't resist):

Not quite the 'backside' view we saw -probably took the wrong road - again
Old 12-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #36

Be aware that the Mt. Rushmore area is very busy with bikers during their Sturgis event which is right after EAA Oshkosh in late July early August. We go by there about that time after Oshkosh on our way home and stopped one year so our 11 year old grandson could visit Rushmore. The possibility of an accident while driving among all the bike traffic was very worrisome to me, but they didn't seem to mind.

Best of luck.

Steve
Old 12-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
Be aware that the Mt. Rushmore area is very busy with bikers during their Sturgis event which is right after EAA Oshkosh in late July early August. We go by there about that time after Oshkosh on our way home and stopped one year so our 11 year old grandson could visit Rushmore. The possibility of an accident while driving among all the bike traffic was very worrisome to me, but they didn't seem to mind.

Best of luck.

Steve
Very true! We got caught up in it during the summer of 1990. Good thing we made reservations at the Mt. Rushmore KOA.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Alot of Yellowstone burned in 1988. While you're driving the big Figure 8 Loops, notice the now 25+ year old "new growth" next to the centuries old growth. I remember going thru Yellowstone a decade after the fire, and seeing all the Christmas Trees. All are natural, none are planted, as I am told. It's amazing to me to see the power of a wild fire, and I spent 12 years fighting wildfires from the air.

TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote