Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You purposely went in front to be sure to observe and film this persons misfortune?

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #16

It makes me stop and think when Two Slides relishes in watching someone cause damage to their camper. Oh let's hurry and get in front of him so we can video someone's misfortune. Boy with friends like him who needs enemies? Would be nice to see Two Slides come out and apologize and say he made a mistake. And yes he did not stop someone from damaging his camper and costing someone possibly lots of money. We can only hope there aren't to many people like him camping near us!! I thought it was a campers code to help others, he sure doesn't belong!!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #17

Let's hope two slides didn't mean it that way. I know truckers use to help each other. But there's lots of friendly people out there, some even wave with one finger.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #18

I personally would have blocked the road to prevent him from going into the tunnel. It could have been someone first time RVing with a rental and didn't think about what clearances he needed. The damage aside. What if someone had gotten injured as a result?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #19

X2 for all those who said "what were you thinking" refering to the OP not trying to warn the people and just making a video out of it. I would have done everything I could to stop them if I knew what was ahead. The last thing I would have done is video it so I could enjoy it later at the expense of their misfortune. I have had people warn me about things(bay door came open/forgot to put the antenna down ect.) and have Always appreciated it. None of us are perfect and I'm sure we have all made mistakes we wish we could do over.

There is another thread on IRV2 about MH courtesy and how we should be more courteous as we drive our rigs. Not everyone drives the highway you are refering to all the time, they were probably nice people who were on vacation, and didn't realize the tunnel size or know their rig size. Maybe they had small kids who could have been injured. You make mention of it maybe being a rental unit, so what, it doesn't make them any less of people than any of us who own, maybe they were renting prior to buying one to see if they like it, who knows. If they were renters even more reason to help them as they probably never thought of how high or wide the MH was,even more reason to help them.

In my life I have always wondered about people who have fun with other peoples misfortunes. Like said watch out for Karma I hope you will think it's funny if someone videos you during a time when you really need help. Oh by they way please don't post the video, I think anyone with that drives an RV/MH with half a brain knows what it will look like and doesn't need it as a "training tool".
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #20

I've yet to see their video. You don't think two slides is laughing at us for being set up ?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I definitely would have warned them too...if I'd known ahead of time that is. I'm not sure I'd be familiar enough with a Class C to know if they could make it, but a class A definitely.

I had someone warn me our step was out earlier this year as we were boarding a ferry. Mighty pleased they did 'coz they would undoubtedly have been torn off or crushed. I've also been known to run after people in campgrounds and warn them their antennas are up.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #22

what the H%#$^ were they thinking

I think google earth and google street view are wonderful tools to prevent this kind of catastrophe. Virtually go through your whole route through on google maps in street view mode. If there are low clearance tunnels in the route. Take an alternate route using the available roads on Google Maps. On my travels to AZ every winter there are no tunnels. But on my occasional travels to Oregon I do have to be care because of tunnels galore. As a general rule all bridges and tunnels on the interstate are 15 feet high. This was a federal mandate since so many truckers travel all of our country's interstate. So if in doubt? Take the interstate.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
I think google earth and google street view are wonderful tools to prevent this kind of catastrophe. Virtually go through your whole route through on google maps in street view mode. If there are low clearance tunnels in the route. Take an alternate route using the available roads on Google Maps. On my travels to AZ every winter there are no tunnels. But on my occasional travels to Oregon I do have to be care because of tunnels galore. As a general rule all bridges on the interstate are 15 high. This was a federal mandate since so many truckers travel all of our country's interstate. So if in doubt? Take the interstate.