Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
The 100th birthday party is off. My uncle Lou fell and broke his pelvis. We will shrink our plans.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #58

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Trees of Mystery giant redwoods nor cal and down the coast

mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Yorba Linda Ca. to Port Aransas Texas in June.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #60

Annual camping/ bike trips include, but are not limited to;
1. Bike week Daytona in March
2. Leesburg Bike Festival April
3. Memorial Day weekend on the Suwanee River - riding the trails on our cart.
4. 4th of July week/weekend on the Suwanee or somewhere else - possibly the Keys this year.
5. Labor Day week/weekend on the Suwanee river with friends terrorizing the campground on our carts - drinking and playing our stereos loud!
6. Biketoberfest Daytona.
7. Mid December with family - to look at the Christmas lights at the campground they put up every year.
May try to sneak in the SE Victory motorcycle Rally in Helen, Ga this year - May/June week after Memorial Day

Love my toy hauler!
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #61

June- myrtle beach
October - Disney world
November-myrtle beach
Here and there in between.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #62

Head to Charleston and James Island Friday. Hit Stephen Foster Cultural State Park the first week in April. Fly to Seattle April 14. Hit Rainbow Springs SP the week before Memorial Day and Salt Springs the following week. Head to Blairsville GA the 10 th of June and Grayton Beach SP the last week in July. Various Florida State Parks every other week untill Christmas.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #63
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you staying at James Island County Park? We love that place and will be there in the beginning of May.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Carson City, NV, to Tiffin, Red Bay, AL, for approximately 2-1/2 months, and then return home.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Are you staying at James Island County Park? We love that place and will be there in the beginning of May.
Yes, James Island County Park. Charleston will be on our list more now that our son is being transferred there from Everett, WA.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #66

So far...
Houston/Galveston ..heading out Thursday night

Omaha/Lincoln in June
Des Moines in August
OKC for Christmas will work in a few days in Branson before that

Unplanned.. Stockton Lake probably once every couple months. Figured we hit every lake within 200 miles and be out every other weekend this year.

Probably a few more long trips in there.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #67

So Ocala Fl in April Fort Wilderness for Halloween and Christmas. Hop to make several other trips to Tennessee and North Carolina over the summer.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #68

Smile Trip Plans for 2014

Planning on going to Fort yargo outside of Atlanta on March 26. Then it's on to Modoc South Carolina for two months at Strom Thurmond Lake.
May travel with a group of friends to Colorado in August. All in all 2014 will be fairly busy. Happy trails to all and remember life is good! Ray and Ruth Fruge from the Bayou State.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #69

April 2nd Arizona to Maryland

I'm flying out of BWI (Baltimore) April 2nd, to Phoenix, Arizona to pick up my (new to me) 1999 34' Bounder! The trip back, over 2300 miles, will be a real adventure and I'm looking forward to writing about it here. Since right now there is 8" of snow on the ground, I can't wait to leave,
Linda
Old 07-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #70

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
We didn't shrink too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsam View Post
The 100th birthday party is off. My uncle Lou fell and broke his pelvis. We will shrink our plans.
I know this forum is asking about upcoming plans, but I tend to have my plans created as they are completed.
Thursday evening , June 19th, we returned from a little road trip visiting friends and relatives. The trip started May 30 (Wal-Mart in Dixon) the daughter brought both grandsons to us there. The 12 year old grandson had a swim meet in Dixon on 5/31. Then the four of us went to Fallen Leaf forest service campground near Tahoe so that we could cheer on the daughter and her then boyfriend (and now fiance) in the AMBBR (Americaís Most Beautiful Bicycle Race) Century Ride around Tahoe on 6/1. He proposed in front of the entire bicycle group that night, a welcome surprise to her. Then on 6/2 we returned the grandsons to the daughter and took highways 89 to 395 where we spent the night on the side of the highway about 4 miles north of the Mammoth turnoff waiting for a tow. Except for the minimal traffic on 395 the spot was as good as any to spend the night in the Sierra. (The cruise control cable froze up and wouldn't allow us to go slower than 35 WHILE RIDING THE BRAKES, WHICH ISN'T A GOOD IDEA ON A LONG TWISTING DOWNSLOPE.) On 6/3 we rode in the tow truck to Bishop where we got the cruise control disconnected. We took the widow and son of a man I worked with in the early 60s when I lived in Bishop to dinner while in Bishop. The Manzanar detention camp (concentration camp for west coast Japanese during WWII). It has been "done up" very nicely. Not enough Americans know about that sad action of the American government. There is a plaque of the 149 (I think I remember) American citizens of Japanese descent that were soldiers for America in that war and had family incarcerated in Manzanar. We stayed in Boulder Creek Campground just south of Lone Pine the nights of 6/5 and 6/6. (My wife had to have wifi connection on Fridays so she could do the payroll of one of her bookkeeping clients.) 6/7 we stayed in Palmdale parked in front of the house of a couple we buddy boated with when we sailed in the Sea of Cortez in 2005-2009. Then we went to see one of my wifeís cousins in Upland only to find that she had died last October and her "best friend" did not notify any of the family that Phyllis had died. We spent the night of 6/8 at a truck stop in Upland. Then went to lunch with one of my cousins in Bellflower and visited with the uncle that was 100 years old 6/22. That night, 6/9, we stayed at Dockweiler State Beach under the takeoff pattern of LA International, but only a few yards from the Pacific Ocean. On 6/10 we visited another cousin of mine in Ojai and spent the night parked at my daughterís in Santa Barbara. On 6/11 we went to dinner in Frazier Park with another Mexico boating couple that lives near there and spent the night parked in back of the restaurant. 6/12 and 13 we stayed in Bakersfield RV Travel Park (wifi for payroll again) and visited with her relatives in Bakersfield. On 6/14 we visited my wifeís relatives in Tulare, then spent the night of 6/14 in the Three Rivers Hideaway RV camp in Three Rivers. On 6/15 we went through Sequoia National Park and down to Clovis to spend the night in front of my sonís house. From my sonís we connected with Highway 49 at Oakhurst, turned right at Highway 120 and left onto FS 12 just outside the gate to Yosemite to spend the nights of 6/17 and 18 at Forest Service campground Diamond O on the middle fork of the Tuolumne River to wind down from all that visiting. On the way home on Thursday, 6/19 ,we stopped at a western way shop in Oakdale to purchase a couple of short sleeve western shirts for me. We were home again in Antioch by nightfall so my wife could prepare the payroll on Friday again. Three weeks and 1600 miles and only one breakdown in this old motorhome. The mechanic that services the RV said "I don't know if I'd have attempted that trip." When pressed he admitted that he'd not have trusted that old of a vehicle that far. But for us it was great.