Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Petersburg Campground- Appling, GA

I haven't had much chance to get my MH out much, since I just finished a 2 year renovation on her. Last year I scored 4 tickets to the Masters and we stayed on Lake Thurmond just north of Augusta, GA. Great site on the Lake, full hook up,and only 24.00 per night. Very level and clean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	90261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2399.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	90262  

ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
If anyone can advise me how to rotate uploaded pictures, it would be greatly appreciated.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have several here in Washington that we like to go to. Three are state parks; Fort Worden,Grayland Beach, and Cape Disappointment. There are several other state parks we like,but these are the favs. We also like Salt Creek Rec area on the straits, Point Hudson in Port Townsend. These all have awesome water views.
Almost all the Oregon state parks are places to be and then there's Seven Feathers in Canyonville.
In California we like one in Bakersfield, Orange Grove, where you park between the rows of orange trees. Costonoa and Moss Bay KOA's and Paradise by the Sea in Oceanside.
A kinda fun one is the little rv park in Snowville,Ut called Lottie-Dell, that we found one day and have stayed there a couple of times. You pull into your site, go to the office and fill out an envelope with your $25 and that's it. There are a few folks living there in a bunkhouse type motel and the restrooms are in the office and are old,but very clean. If you want you can go to the office and pick up a LARGE bucket of balls and take a provided antique club and hit balls on a driving range,actually a pasture with distance signs, for fun.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
It has to be Disney Worlds Fort wilderness. We always take the bicycles. We rode 52 miles the last trip. This is a campground for folks that don't like to just sit and talk.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #33

Vacation Station in Ludington Mich.
rtbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #34
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Fort Wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
It has to be Disney Worlds Fort wilderness. We always take the bicycles. We rode 52 miles the last trip. This is a campground for folks that don't like to just sit and talk.
We just spent four nights there two weeks ago - while I must say it was clean and convenient, but it would be nothing I will write home about - the roads are very narrow, sites too close and also narrow - my 45' and the toad barely fit on a Premium Site (#852), the front desk was not very knowledgeable about sites, access, etc. It took us two hours before we found one we could use. I found that aspect very frustrating to say the least. On the other hand, the convenience and shuttle services to the parks were great!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #35
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbroke View Post
Vacation Station in Ludington Mich.
I like Poncho's Pond just a few blocks to the west of it too!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #36
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Bella Terra, Gulf shores, AL
Old 05-14-2015, 04:38 PM   #37

Libby's RV park in York, Maine. On the ocean you can see two lighthouses with Lobster boats working in front of you. Fires allowed.

Topsail Hill State park near Destin FL.

Beverly Beach Camptown in Beverly Beach FL. Pack you in but you are 30' to the ocean. Sit behind your RV and watch Dolphins and Whales.

Huguenot Memorial Park in Jacksonville. No hookups. But on the mouth of the St. John's and the Atlantic.
Watch cruise ships and Navy ships including maybe a carrier go by and a few sites you can literally fish from your patio.
And the sky is filled with Military aircraft.
big katuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Bella Terra, Gulf shores, AL
I am going to check that one out mid June and also going to spend 5 days at Destin West in Fla
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:18 AM   #39

Yep, Bella Terra is a great fall destination. Too cold for us in winter though.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #40

Bella Terra is nice but it's not even the nicest park in the Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach area. The following are my picks.
1. Heritage RV is hands down the nicest park in the area. It's an owned/ rental park
Pros, beautiful park, direct water access,marina, private beach, infinity pool, and the owners go out of there way to make renters feel welcome.
Cons, it's pricey, figure $60-$90 per night depending on the location within the park and the season.
2. Buena Vista, it is a new park on Beach Blvd just across the road from the beach
Pros, location, very well kept and appointed, any place I can hear the waves crash is a plus with me.
Cons, it's still under construction, phase one is finished and sold, phase two is selling and under construction. Phase three and four are planned. A lot of traffic noise along Beach Blvd.
3. Terry Cove, it was previously owner only but just recently transitioned to rentals.
Pros, beautiful park, great location, two restaurants within walking distance and 10-12 within a short bike ride. Bike path just outside the gate. Near Gulf state park bike trails.
Cons, no direct water access even though it's only a few hundred yards from the water.
4. Bella Terra, a very nice owned/ rental Class A only park.
Pros, beautifully landscaped park with big sites and patios, centrally located lake with great views.
Cons, it's 5-8 miles from shopping, dining, and the beaches. You have to drive to get to anything. It's in the middle of farm fields and can be dusty during the farm season.
5. Lake Osprey, allows Class C and fifth wheels.
Pros, large well appointed park with a lake and large sites. It's beside a golf course if you golf.
Cons, it's 10-12 miles from shopping, dining, and beaches.

Heritage, Terry Cove, and Bella Terra are class A only. Buena Vista and Lake Osprey allow other RVs but I'm not sure of the restrictions. These are just my opinions based on staying at or visiting all of the above parks so it's worth what you paid for it and there are a lot of parks in the area that I have never laid eyes on.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #41
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
I am going to check that one out mid June and also going to spend 5 days at Destin West in Fla
I was there three years ago in the middle of April for ten days. The weather was gorgeous everyday. If gets a little hot in June, the beaches are very nice and not too far.
Enjoy, and safe travels!
Old 05-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #42
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
Bella Terra is nice but it's not even the nicest park in the Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach area. The following are my picks.
1. Heritage RV is hands down the nicest park in the area. It's an owned/ rental park
Pros, beautiful park, direct water access,marina, private beach, infinity pool, and the owners go out of there way to make renters feel welcome.
Cons, it's pricey, figure $60-$90 per night depending on the location within the park and the season.
We drove by it when we were there. From a distance, it appeared that the lot sizes made it look too congested. However, will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks for nice descriptions!