Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cooking 2750 Hot Dogs for the Christmas Party in Progreso MX. About 300 Winter Texans throw a party for 2700-3000 kids in Mexico.
Amigos de los Ninos de Mexico.

rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Cooking 2750 Hot Dogs for the Christmas Party in Progreso MX. About 300 Winter Texans throw a party for 2700-3000 kids in Mexico.
Amigos de los Ninos de Mexico.
Way cool! We go to Nuevo Progreso every year, usually in January or February. Didn't know there was a party for the kids on Christmas. We have watched the kids play at the school there, no doubt they appreciate your party.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Our daughter in law called two and a half months ago with the news that she had been diagnosed with cancer. Two small children and our son just started a new business, she would require surgery and months of chemo and radiation besides and then get the prognosis. Could we help? She was too emotional to even know how?

So were we. My wife was fulfilling a life long dream of completing a Masters degree, she has her own consulting business. I was finishing a China Cabinet I had promised our daughter in Ohio and twice put off. It had to go this year which meant me driving it to Ohio from Seattle to put it in her living room. We live 40 miles through the worst traffic Seattle has to offer. A round trip might take three hours per day. We have a dog, a very needy dog. Normally we head south for the winter.

Of course we said yes. Then off the phone began to ponder exactly what we could do. It hit me. "We will take the motor home over and hook it up to their house and stay there as long as this takes. That way we have our home but are only steps from theirs, on call. So here we are shuffling kids to day school, cooking, cleaning, shopping, cooking, and attending soccer matches and gymnastic classes and chemotherapy sessions what ever it takes.

Our daughters tree stands beside the China Cabinet in Ohio.

Although this is a challenge we have not laughed this often or as hard for a long time. Mostly at ourselves. This may be the best Christmas ever.
Blessings to you and your family. Wishing you the best outcome!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I will be working Christmas Day till 3:15pm . My DW will be traveling home then sleeping after working a 12 hour shift in the ER Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. Then we will be off to our daughters new house for family get together. She closed yesterday on her S&B.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
We will be having Christmas at home with the kids. My dad past away this last November so this one will be a little less cheerful than others but I'm still grateful to have our family with us.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
njs42: Our prayers are with you.

As I read your post I was overwhelmed with the thought: Now there are two people that know how to handle adversity. Bless you.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #21

I'll be working the ER both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Just another day saving lives . . .

With the family out-of-state, I usually volunteer to work the holidays so some one with family can actually get to spend a holiday with them.
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #22

Beginning to seem a lot like Christmas

Staying home. Here in the Houston TX area, our typical Christmas weather arrived today, rain and 75 degrees. But tomorrow it is supposed to cool down and be clear, high 69 degrees and low of 39 degrees. Warming back up on Christmas day. Looks like a good day to play golf. Merry Christmas and may all of your Christmas's be dry.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to celebrate Christmas with my sister's family ths year. They still have young kids. WooHoo!

njs42: What a great way to "be there," even if you don't quite yet know what to do. Bravo.

\ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Home with the family cooking up a "World famous "Jack Bells" Griller..........The first time I went in to buy one....asking questions.... he asked, "have you ever ate one"? I said ...no, his reply was "Son, this is going to be some of the finest eating you ever will have" He was RIGHT! I cook a couple a year, all his meats are just out of this world! They ship...... Bell's Meat & Poultry
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #25
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up Christmas

I'll make it short: Church and Dining
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Home with the family cooking up a "World famous "Jack Bells" Griller..........The first time I went in to buy one....asking questions.... he asked, "have you ever ate one"? I said ...no, his reply was "Son, this is going to be some of the finest eating you ever will have" He was RIGHT! I cook a couple a year, all his meats are just out of this world! They ship...... Bell's Meat & Poultry
The griller sounds delicious. The bacon bomb also sounds good.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
As we are full timers we will find a nice snowy spot to stop at and have some Hot dogs and baked beans with some yams (we like the hot dogs and beans) But then I have to run out on the 28th to preform my first wedding.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Our daughter in law called two and a half months ago with the news that she had been diagnosed with cancer. Two small children and our son just started a new business, she would require surgery and months of chemo and radiation besides and then get the prognosis. Could we help? She was too emotional to even know how? So were we. My wife was fulfilling a life long dream of completing a Masters degree, she has her own consulting business. I was finishing a China Cabinet I had promised our daughter in Ohio and twice put off. It had to go this year which meant me driving it to Ohio from Seattle to put it in her living room. We live 40 miles through the worst traffic Seattle has to offer. A round trip might take three hours per day. We have a dog, a very needy dog. Normally we head south for the winter. Of course we said yes. Then off the phone began to ponder exactly what we could do. It hit me. "We will take the motor home over and hook it up to their house and stay there as long as this takes. That way we have our home but are only steps from theirs, on call. So here we are shuffling kids to day school, cooking, cleaning, shopping, cooking, and attending soccer matches and gymnastic classes and chemotherapy sessions what ever it takes. Our daughters tree stands beside the China Cabinet in Ohio. Although this is a challenge we have not laughed this often or as hard for a long time. Mostly at ourselves. This may be the best Christmas ever.

All the best wishes coming her way. God Bless