Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
As Groucho Marx commented, "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I keep picturing Cousin Eddy from Christmas Vacation. LOL

I have been in a couple parks where most of the RV looked like their next move would be with a bulldozer. The folks were nice and friendly and they were doing the best they could with what life gave them.

If a few of them pulled into a RV park there would be many who may look at them and think the worst.

Since the RV parks are a competitive business I can see that there may be a desire to keep their establishment attractive. There is a thread that had people not wanting to patronize a park that did not have blistering internet. Imagine what their reaction would be to some older units in residence.

Since most MH are well maintained I see no harm in "adjusting" the age of your unit to account for the condition you keep it in.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Still don't why you would want to go there. It's not like that is the only one. And as I can see there is not a lot beer drinkers nor fisherman on this post. Campgrounds don't like snooty people.

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
My coach is 12 years by DMV registation however when an RV Park asks I always tell them 9.

They wouldn't be able to tell unless they looked at my DMV registration which they never will.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Someday you will be caught lying. I bet when you are they won't let liars in.

May I suggest, you tell them the truth, and offer to show them your rig.

Most campgrounds have that rule to keep out "junky" campers. Unless yours is "junky" looking, you will be let in at 12 years old 99% of the time.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Well, that's NOT going to happen over the phone or on the Internet.

Plus I've never been asked when standing in front of the registration desk.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #20

Well I did send a few pic's and guess what? They said my coach looks good, however they don't have any space. They said I should check after the first of the year to see if there are any cancelations. Why didn't they say that first? I will not be stay at this park because it appears they are not interested in my business. If anyone wants to know the name of this park just ask.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
I agree that it will be a rare happening. But it is possible.

And if you can live with lying constantly , go for it!

The only reason I responded is that we are facing the issue ourselves soon. In 2105 our rig makes the ten year mark.

It is in good shape. I have decided not to lie about it.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
I agree that it will be a rare happening. But it is possible.

And if you can live with lying constantly , go for it!

The only reason I responded is that we are facing the issue ourselves soon. In 2105 our rig makes the ten year mark.

It is in good shape. I have decided not to lie about it.
I am with you on this one. Even though my unit is a 2015 I just have this aversion to lie. If I had a >10 Y/O rig and they have a 10 year limit I would tell them the age and add that it is in tip top shape. If that was an option on a reservation form I would stop the reservation and send them an email stating why they are getting an email. Tell them the truth attach pictures and make reservations by email. If they say no...who cares. There are other fish to fry. JMHO
Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
HHg

Not to be "snooty"......but I much prefer CGs that have very stringent rules. When I'm out in the RV, I'm out to have a good time.....don't want some damn pitbull next to me with 12 little kids running around yelling till midnight with absolutely no CG personnel anywhere to enforce rules. Give me a restricted class A park any day!! Just my 2 cents worth.

Hhg
Old 09-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #24

Enough already! We get it.

But we are looking for an upscale motorcoach resort which caters to beer drinking fishermen and hippie painted converted school buses surrounded by Christmas villages and pink flamingos. We also prefer to have smoky firepits within 6 feet of our bedroom windows to complete the atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Have fun, drive safely.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #25

Those "elitist parks" might like my 18 year old coach and my $$, put they will never get to see either.
I'm just as" picky" as some RV parks.
When making a phone reservation....if they ask how old my coach is, I ask how old their park is.
If it's older than 10, I tell them my "policy" is not to stay in park older than 10.... until and unless I can "inspect" their park...(then I decline to make a reservation)!
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
When making a phone reservation....if they ask how old my coach is, I ask how old their park is.
If it's older than 10, I tell them my "policy" is not to stay in park older than 10.... until and unless I can "inspect" their park...(then I decline to make a reservation)!
Mel
'96 Safari
I LIKE that approach.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
Enough already! We get it.

But we are looking for an upscale motorcoach resort which caters to beer drinking fishermen and hippie painted converted school buses surrounded by Christmas villages and pink flamingos. We also prefer to have smoky firepits within 6 feet of our bedroom windows to complete the atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Have fun, drive safely.
Oh yea! Well, one that lets in our lowly 5th wheel.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Those "elitist parks" might like my 18 year old coach and my $$, put they will never get to see either.
I'm just as" picky" as some RV parks.
Mel
'96 Safari
LOL, that's a great line Mel, I hope I can remember to use it in 4 years!