Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #43

Sounds pretty darn as you say Snooty to me Brother!

Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
They don't deserve to have you there. Was it one of those real fancy spancy places? If they have a website, you can Yelp the hell out of them. People read that.
And the complaint would be not that they don't have a nice park... or that there was bad service.... or rude people.... just that they have a rule you don't agree with?

Same approach could be taken for those places with signs that say "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service".

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #45

iRV2 No Limits Club
Rules are made up by the property owner, and that is O.K. I will vote with my wallet if I agree or disagree.

No shirt, no shoes , no service is a standard Health Department ordinance or law.

Big difference between a private rule and public law.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Rules are made up by the property owner, and that is O.K. I will vote with my wallet if I agree or disagree.

No shirt, no shoes , no service is a standard Health Department ordinance or law.

Big difference between a private rule and public law.
Good point. You're right.

A better analogy would have been a restaurant which requires long pants after 6pm.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #47

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
I realize I'm about to take the thread off topic and therefore apologize upfront.
The bigger issue I encounter quite often is, when I call a CG to make a reservation and let the clerk know my 5th wheel is 40' long they'll say 'no problem, our sites are plenty big enough'. Then when I drive in I find the roads to be so tight and tree branches hanging so low that it's impossible to get through without scratching the paint. This is more frustrating than anything else, I made it a habit to walk to the assigned site first when things look suspicious.
Well, they did say the spots are big enough, not that you couldn't get to it You just didn't ask the right questions
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #48

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Good point. You're right.

A better analogy would have been a restaurant which requires long pants after 6pm.

Rick
There you go! That analogy is right on!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #49
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I like snooty places.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I like snooty places.
USMCRET
But do they like you?
BTW, in year, or 2 your, RV will be old enough that you have to ask permission, or pass inspection, to spend your $$ in a snooty RV park.
Personally I'm not interested in kissing anyone's butt.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Maybe the RV park owners are in cahoots with the MH manufacturers and are looking for another way to 'encourage' you to buy a new one. "tongue in cheek"

Next thing. RV manufacturer specific RV parks. Is your model good enough?
Old 09-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #52

My last word. RV'ing used be about being out and about, meeting people and enjoying life. When CG's start eliminating us who may not have the big new MC, then they need to say that up front and deal with the high rollers who should have bought a house on a golf course.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Before everyone gins up the class warfare rants, try to recall where a lot of these rules came from.

Most State Parks have a limit on your length of stay- two weeks is common. Not too many folks complain about that. That came about because years ago a lot a SPs near cities or new highways would be inundated with transient construction workers staying for months on end, tools and equipment around the trailers, raising hell on weekends, and generally impacting the Parks' business and other patrons in real and harmful ways.

The unit age rules in most cases have nothing at all to do with any kind of snobbery or "fancy schmancy" preferences. If an owner wants to cater to the high end market segment there are easier ways. Hire a landscaper, pour level concrete, buy some teak lawn chairs, and charge $80/ night. He'll be full all season with nothing smaller than 40 ft or older than '11.

No, the age rules have very little to do with actual age, and are rarely enforced. They retain the decision making on the side of the park management. These rules are there to keep out "Cousin Eddie", but unfortunately they snare a great many undeserving folk in their net . It's very difficult to quantify just what constitutes a "Cousin Eddie", but RV age can be a great winnower. Also, it's probably illegal to list in your brochure "No low class as&@?$es allowed."

;-)
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #54

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey! I'm "Cousin Eddie", and I resemble that remark!!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #55

One of the couples that does the airshow circuit with us prefers to stay at c/g's instead of camping at the airports.

They used to get the 'no thanks' a few times a year, then started phoning ahead and talking to the c/g staff, usually that got them a pass, if not dropping a line like 'I'm looking for a c/g cose to the _______ airport where my plane is for the airshow.'

Once they have a feeling for who's asking the 10 year rule is rarely even mentioned.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Most State Parks have a limit on your length of stay- two weeks is common. Not too many folks complain about that. That came about because years ago a lot a SPs near cities or new highways would be inundated with transient construction workers staying for months on end, tools and equipment around the trailers, raising hell on weekends, and generally impacting the Parks' business and other patrons in real and harmful ways.
That pretty much describes most CG's on route 2 in ND that we saw this last year. We actually felt safer in Walmart.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote