Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
.......... Snip.....
In 2105 our rig makes the ten year mark.

It is in good shape. I have decided not to lie about it.

I can't make up my mind if you're an optimist because you think you're going to be alive 99 years from now, or a pessimist because you're already worrying about something that far off! ....
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #30

iRV2 No Limits Club
LOL

I am an optimist but that was a typo. Of course I meant 2-0-1-5. (typing carefully)
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
Enough already! We get it.

But we are looking for an upscale motorcoach resort which caters to beer drinking fishermen and hippie painted converted school buses surrounded by Christmas villages and pink flamingos. We also prefer to have smoky firepits within 6 feet of our bedroom windows to complete the atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Have fun, drive safely.
Don't like it don't read it. And yes. Anywhere east of the Mississippi.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #32

I know of a CG in New Jersey that meets all of your requirements ! If you would like me to be of assistance I can privately send you the name!
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #33
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Tejay, This is not an out of the ordinary practice and I would bet you have already stayed in CG's with this rule without knowing. I really don't think it has anything to do with having a highend unit or not...If they have that policy you could have a 14 year old high end Diesel Pusher and they will still tell you no if you try making reservations. I don't really think they are trying to be snooty(I could be wrong because I don't even know the name of this place) but if you have ever set up your MH in a nice place only to have an extremely poor condition RV pull in next to you with leaking hold tanks ect and other significant problems due to it's age and lack of maintenace it is not fun. For alot of private CG's they depend on good reviews to keep their customers coming, if they don't keep the place nice they go out of business. I really don't think they are going to turn away decent looking older MH's, but they have to have a mechanism in place to protect themselves. Like said before It's their park, their rules, that's because they are putting their money upfront to run the business. We may have to look for a different place to stay, but if they don't protect their investment they could be looking for a new way of making a living.
Right on Mike!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #34

National RV Owners Club
I guess it is just my opinion, but I am troubled by lying about the age and especially the length of your rig. Lying about the length of your rig because nobody actually checks and the campground is full of 40' rigs sounds very selfish. Similar with rules on age.

You've decided that their rule is not important, or that you are an exception. If other people decide that rules which they wish to violate are not important, how can you complain?

It's their property, so it is their rules.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
Enough already! We get it.

But we are looking for an upscale motorcoach resort which caters to beer drinking fishermen and hippie painted converted school buses surrounded by Christmas villages and pink flamingos. We also prefer to have smoky firepits within 6 feet of our bedroom windows to complete the atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Have fun, drive safely.

Please don't make fun of my best friends coach!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411428952.570060.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	879.0 KB
ID:	74651
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Take a look at the new "retro" Winnebago MH. New but looks old. So, just tell them it's a new retro unit.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #37

Sfrantz...regarding the lenght limit I was told by State Park Rangers when making State Park reservations to put down 35' 0r less when making reservations(unless it was stated anything over a certain lenght would not be allowed). I was told that for some reason their computers automatically default at 36' or longer and deny the reservation saying there are no spots available. They told me most of the State Park spots will easily fit a 40' MH but they have never updated their computers to match the bigger sites. We pulled into an Oregon State park with no reservations, and the Ranger asked what length we had and we told them the actual lenght, they said we'll put you in spot#...which is a 30' full hookup, I told them my size again and they said not to worry, it was just what the "Computer rated it". When we parked it fit our MH with 20' to spare. So I'm sure they want to fill their campsites as much as possible too, even if the reservation computers say different. They need to keep as full as possible to stay open. I don't see that as lying/cheating/selfish...the bottom line is if you don't fit when you get there it is a gamble you took and you won't get your money back anyway.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
What was the name of the campground so that we all won't go there and that should teach them a lesson.

Have you ever went to campgrounds that full timers live in trailers and see what their rigs look like.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Mike and Cha,

That makes sense if it is to get around a computer glitch and the rangers tell you to do it. I misunderstood, sorry. It sounded like someone was lying to campground owners because they 'knew' they could fit in somewhere. My apologies.

Stephen.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #40

I called to book a ocean front spot in florida they asked me my length I told them 36 feet. Sorry those spots will only hold a 35 footer. After a little going back and forth I hung up. Called them back the next day and made reservation for a 35 footer. After arriving these spots could take a 40 footer.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #41

I realize I'm about to take the thread off topic and therefore apologize upfront.
The bigger issue I encounter quite often is, when I call a CG to make a reservation and let the clerk know my 5th wheel is 40' long they'll say 'no problem, our sites are plenty big enough'. Then when I drive in I find the roads to be so tight and tree branches hanging so low that it's impossible to get through without scratching the paint. This is more frustrating than anything else, I made it a habit to walk to the assigned site first when things look suspicious.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #42

They don't deserve to have you there. Was it one of those real fancy spancy places? If they have a website, you can Yelp the hell out of them. People read that.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote