Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #15

I want to add that even in june it can be cold in central Utah mountains. One trip we wee 4wheeling in a blinding snow storm!
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very true. We were there a couple of years ago and rented a cabin outside of town; unfortunately, didn't check the altitude of the cabin when we rented it. Woke up the first morning to 6 inches of snow and cold weather. Sat around, drank coffee, enjoyed watching wildlife and decided to drive down the hill into town. It was beautiful, sunny and nice down there. Still, though, kinda cold for four-wheeling. We will definitely be going back there for more riding at some point. Loved it.
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #17

ATV's

The original poster was interested in the East, but for those of you who have chimed in, take a look at the website for Mountain Views RV Resort in Creede CO. Years ago, we went to all the sand hot spots and they were great, to old for that now. The RV park in Creede is really nice and there are miles and miles of Rocky Mountain trails, you can go from a serene river valley all the way to above tree line and park your ATV/Jeep on the Contintental Divide. This Summer we were next to a couple who had been going there for 6 years and they said they had barely scratched the surface of the trails to ride. No crowds, beautiful scenery, small town environment, we'll be back next Summer.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #18

This is a great 'one stop' thread!
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a thread stealer. Thought it was a general "where are the ATV Parks" kinda question. Anyway, I checked out the Mountain Views Park. WOW!!!! Putting it on my bucket list for a summer trip. Now I just need a spot for a winter get-a-way somewhere warm. Thanks and again, sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a couple more off road trails in Michigan pictures. We have friends that have a Jeep and these pictures were done when backroading in his Jeep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepin1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	352.0 KB
ID:	50353   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepin2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	50354  

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #21

harlan county , ky ; croom forest in brooksville,fl ; land between the lakes in ky.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on Land Between the Lake in KY.

When the boys were younger we trailered 4 ATV's out there a few times. You can camp right in the OHV area or we stayed at Prizer Point which had full hookups.

I've never been here, but this is a place near Harrisburg, PA.
Rausch Creek Off Road Park
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for all of the great information. I have a lot to look at. I am mainly interested in the East coast area, but I want to look at more areas. Some of the pics are awsome. I have never been to the mid west or west coast (except one trip to Vegas and Scottsdale, Az) but would consider it. I would like to research some more options. I find it amazing that you can ride a 4wheeler into some of the towns. ...... That's the type of place I would like to go!
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #24

Go West Young Man

My summer homebase is just down the road from the above mentioned Creede, in South Fork, Co. We have 6 commercial campgrounds, 3 NFS campgrounds and unlimited boondocking(dispersed camping on NFS land) were you can ride from. I bought some property here and ride my ATV about every other day all summer and it took me over 3 years to eventually ride all the trails in the Rio Grande National Forest. Here we are enjoying the view at 12,400 ft elevation.
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Obviously, many of us have the same interest and were hungry for some suggestions. Thanks RVBulldog for starting the thread; even if we took off with it in other directions. I'm seriously gonna check into some of these places. Still looking for some place warm to go this winter if anyone has some good suggestions. We have a new 900 RZR that we want to go get dirty.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Jim2: that picture looks awsome. I can't wait to look into some of the places.

Darcan: I'm glad other people got something out of this thread. I am actually happy that it went in different directions..... It gives me more ideas..... I want to learn more..... There are so many places that I haven't heard of.

Once again I want to thank everyone for their input..... I really like the pics that were shared!
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I was just going to start a thread with this same question. Hubby and I are looking for a place to go with our MH and our RZR this winter or possibly even early spring. Want warm weather for sure. Would love to be able to drive the RZR out of the park but we can trailer it behind the Jeep also. We love Moab but not sure it will be warm enough; even by mid-March. Keep the ideas coming!!!
Parker, AZ would be my choice, both on the CA and AZ sides of the river. There are many, many RV resorts and a few public parks with hookups along the river Between the desert mountains and the Colorado River, it is a winter paradise. We are itching to get back there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2386.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	50443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2387.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	50444  

Name:	IMG_2385.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	50445   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2394.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	50446  

2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #28

Send a message via Yahoo to jpollard62
There is one in Goldsboro NC called Busco Beach....It has a few sites and large riding areas with lakes....There are wooded trails and large sandy areas like you see around sand pitts....
jpollard62 is offline   Reply With Quote