Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #15

Canada....eh

Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean614
Just go to Compton then. That's close and if all goes well you can handle any trip. Just saying. Lol.
I did say I wanted to go on a trip not go on an adventure...LOL

Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mopar
Canada....eh
Canada is on our list for future trips
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #18

Dockweiler Beach in El Segundo would be perfect for your first trip out; it's close and right on the beach. 105 fwy east till it ends, then straight to the end of Imperial Hwy. Also, there are also a couple of apps, one is called RVPark Finder, the other RV Parks. They've proved very helpful to us. Good luck and happy RVing.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #19

Congratulations on your first RV!

My first trip was a weekend trip to a campground about 15 miles away and close to shopping and hardware. I had a toad and did a few runs for shopping and one back home. I was glad to be close because my checklist of "stuff" needed was both more and less than I thought (you'll see what I mean after your first trip). After that mini-trip, I felt ready to cut the tether.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #20

East Shore RV PARK AT Puddingstone lake in San dimas is pretty close to LA. I'm in Torrance and go there for quick get aways. Takes less than an hour. Stay in loop a or b if you can. Nice spots with fire pits, small pool but never crowded. Skunks and raccoons come out at night and are kinda cool.
Also there is a nice rv park in long beach right off ocean and at the end of the 710 fwy. Haven't stayed there, but drive by it every Monday and it looks nice.
Enjoy your new rv.
ps when you get comfortable and go further you have to go to pismo coast village. Very nice park in pismo beach, right on the. Ocean and walking distance to town. Love that place
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club

But read all 327 pages of this thread FIRST: Walmart's Parking
Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbustoo
Dockweiler Beach in El Segundo would be perfect for your first trip out; it's close and right on the beach. 105 fwy east till it ends, then straight to the end of Imperial Hwy. Also, there are also a couple of apps, one is called RVPark Finder, the other RV Parks. They've proved very helpful to us. Good luck and happy RVing.
Dockweiler sounds good, any hookups?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_MD

Congratulations on your first RV!

My first trip was a weekend trip to a campground about 15 miles away and close to shopping and hardware. I had a toad and did a few runs for shopping and one back home. I was glad to be close because my checklist of "stuff" needed was both more and less than I thought (you'll see what I mean after your first trip). After that mini-trip, I felt ready to cut the tether.
Thanks! Yes, I think staying close sounds good..
Old 07-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery
East Shore RV PARK AT Puddingstone lake in San dimas is pretty close to LA. I'm in Torrance and go there for quick get aways. Takes less than an hour. Stay in loop a or b if you can. Nice spots with fire pits, small pool but never crowded. Skunks and raccoons come out at night and are kinda cool.
Also there is a nice rv park in long beach right off ocean and at the end of the 710 fwy. Haven't stayed there, but drive by it every Monday and it looks nice.
Enjoy your new rv.
ps when you get comfortable and go further you have to go to pismo coast village. Very nice park in pismo beach, right on the. Ocean and walking distance to town. Love that place
I tried to get reservations there at san dimas but they are full...
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Cigar

Dockweiler sounds good, any hookups?
Yes, full hookups and all the sites are paved! It does seem tight but there's room for slide outs. Remember, this is your first run, so you want to make sure you are comfortable. Learn everything you can about your rig close to home! Happy RVing!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #26

So where did you end up going ???
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #27

First trip

...may I suggest Canyon RV Park in Orange? Nestled along the Santa Ana river and the Anaheim Hills foothills, where the 91 and 241 fwys meet, 45 minutes from downtown LA, and yet a world away!!! $60/night, it's a great getaway spot! Try it, it's our new favorite spot close to home.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #28

I would spend a weekend in the rv parked in the driveway. This way of you need anything you can run inside and get it or if something doesn't work your at home with all your tools to fix it. Then I would try a weekend trip somewhere close of that all goes well then hit the road and let the adventures begin. Just my thoughts from me not listening to my own advice but that's a topic for another day lol.