Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #15

Looks like Copper Mtn overnight is OK!

I was at Copper last weekend and saw three campers in the Alpine lot (one silver bullet camper and two Class C RV's). It was almost like summer there and these folks had their slides out and had set up for some Apre ski parties. It looked like they had spent the night because they had real close in parking.

I called Copper when I got home and the person in guest relations said people come up in RV's and spend the night all the time. I had him confirm that they actually allowed people to spend the night in the RV's and he confirmed that yes, they allow RV's and people are allowed to spend the night in the RV's. I wanted to make sure he understood the distiction between parking the RV in the lot vs staying in the RV in the lot. After asking the question three or four different ways, I'm convinced they allow an overnight stay in their Alpine lot.

Of course, the snow is all but gone so I cannot test this until November or later but trust me, I WILL test it and report back!

Traveling whenever possible with DW, 3 kids and "Tate" the mut dog. 1999 Minnie Winnie 3F430V
Bondad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
bondad - definitely worth a test - be prepared for changes of heart at least during ski season. This ski season there has been an occasional overnight/multi-night camper in the Alpine lot on and off all season - not that the season was even worth it. I suspect this year Copper just didn't care and Summit County won't enforce the no-vehicle-sleeping law unless someone calls it in. I do not know if it might be a function of Powdr Corp ownership from IntraWest a couple years ago.

In the summer the Copper lot is pretty much open for camping and who knows next ski season, but I'd give it a shot!! TR in winter is never full (except holidays) so there is always a backup plan if needed making that Alpine lot test a worthy choice.

ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Actually, I do not go anywhere there is that white, cold stuff on the ground. I like it warmer.....

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote