Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #1

Where to stay fort worth tx

Hi all
First post in a rv forum! I pick up my new to me 2000 fleetwood jamboree tomorrow, class c. I bought the rig for 2 reasons. One to stay at the lake where the boat is in a marina to maximize family time. Number 2 I manage 3 locations for work. I live in Austin and go between fort worth and Lubbock couple times a month. So I get a per diem, so instead of getting per diem it pays for my mh. But I was looking at the boon docking and Walmart parking thread and people were talking about $20 a night spots. How do you find those I have only found 35 to 45 a night places. Vim only staying a night or 2. Where a bathroom, shower, and wifi are nice. Not a requirement.
Thanks for the advice

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club

Help us help you
Where in Fort worth are you going ?

Makes a BIG difference which side you stay on - like an hour's drive one way or the other !!!

If west side - Benbrook area would be a possibility
If south side - Burleson has some
etc... etc...

give us a hint and will try to help...

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #3

Sorry not thinking. Near lake Arlington. 287 and 820. Thanks for fast response!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #4

We found Cowtown on the west side in Aledo to be a great place. Clean, good wifi and cable TV, laundry good, full hookups and at $175/week a real good price
Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
no need to apologize....
was just responding when the power went out while watching the Rangers come back!

then you are near our stomping grounds...
wife lived in Arlington since "I-20 was scary to drive it was so empty!"

If you are just looking for electricy, water and sewer and nothing else...

the jellystone in Burleson is acceptable and there's another place right across 35W I can investigate when I go down to my 5er storage lot this weekend...

good luck

otherwise treetop rv park is nice...
Family takes their MH there whenever they come this way..
Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

Cliffy that seems to be a nice place and on the week its a great price.

HI Johnboy let me know what you find out. trying to maximize the profit on what the company gives me for a per diem so i have to pay for the site. after that the extra goes in my pocket for my MH. so the only real need for me would be power. any other hook ups are a bonus. i even carry my own wifi so i dont really need that. i see more basic parks here in austin then i have up there. some in fort worth are really really nice, the kind of CG that i want when im with the family. but when its work related i dont need much. agian thanks for everyones time.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
X2 for Cowtown...only good park I saw on the West side of FW. You have to go one exit West and double back on the frontage road to get to it.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at Tree Top RV Park in Arlington and also Traders Village. Both are just a couple of miles east of Fort Worth.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #9

My daughter lived in a nice apt. Complex that was basically across the side street from treetops. We never stayed at treetops, but I did check it out, it looks nice enough, safe area I'd say. It's close to a lot of stuff, walking distance to Target.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I stayed at Tree Tops in February and March, I recommend trying to get a space in the back on the north end, quite a bit quieter and spaces are larger.

I also stayed at Vineyards RV Park in Grapevine, just north of DFW Airport. Depending what you are looking for, Vineyard is much nicer in my opinion but Tree Tops is a much better location to other amenities. The Vineyards Campground and Cabins on Grapevine Lake
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #11

Tree top looks to be the closest I think I will start there. Although cowtown seems to have the best week rate. I don't need anything fancy since I'm there for work. Hook up for power at least and a shower room, lazy font want to clean the shower in the rig.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tree Top is a Passport America member so you can get some really cheap rates midweek. Up to 50% off of the nightly rate. If you are not a Passport America member you should join, You will get your membership fee back your very quickly. It is a good way to reduce costs without much investment.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Ha Ha on the cleaning --- once clean, put some rainx on the shower and it stays clean - especially if you take 2 minutes to squeegie it down after showering

fyi,
Treetop is in the middle of a high traffic area (Cooper-Hwy 157-The Parks Mall), but MOST of dfw is in a high traffic area !!!

I assume (hope) you have a toad, so it will be just like any busy area

Good luck and ping us when u are in the area.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #14

Well I stayed at treetops last night. Good place. Sadly no toad yet. But I joined passport america and treetops is pretty open to 2 or 3 night stays midweek, so I think that's my spot, wow rain x I will do that tomorrow!