Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Red Desert Rose Campground (formerly RV World Campground) Rawlins WY. This is the first campground we stayed at when we first picked up our new Tour 42QD in Denver. When we arrived they told us to go up the center road to our site which was at the far end. This was my first time driving a 42 foot coach so I decided to go around the perimeter road which according to their map would allow me to drive straight in. Only to find out they parked campers on the road half way around. I had to back up about 500 yards. So I went up the road they told me to and I could not turn into my site without running over the water and sewer. I had to go past my site and back into my pull though site. The only good thing was at least 10 of the permanent residents came out and gave me help.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Fireside Resort - Buffalo Valley - east of Tetons

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e_Wyoming.html
Fireside Resort Wilson WY. Owned by same people that own Fireside in Buffalo valley. One of the worst RV parks I've ever stayed at. All the roads were filled with potholes, and locals said it's like that all the time. We had a heavy rain overnight and the site was like a swamp. We had standing water for two days. When we went to leave the entrance is a single lane. You cannot pass in it and it's about 200 yds long. Departure day, RVs checking in backed up down the entrance way and we had to sit there for over an hour.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #17

Renfro Valley KOA, Mt Vernon, KY. Not bashing KOA's. We've stayed at many, and have been satisfied at most. The entrance and exit from this particular KOA is a serious accident waiting to happen.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #18

Koa pigeon forge tennessee. Great location but that is about it noisy staff constantly using leaf blowers in the morning and tractors. Tight spots I could keep going.
diesel2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #19

I really don't have one particular campground or another that is worth writing about. Some are better than others. We try to utilize state parks as often as possible. Sometimes I'll have a bit of cranky wife complaining about a public campground, usually about the size of the site. She (we) get spoiled by the state sites which generally more spacious. Reading the comments brings to my mind a question, how many of the responses researched their bad experience campground before booking there, and found the reviews were way generous to them.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
I really don't have one particular campground or another that is worth writing about. Some are better than others. We try to utilize state parks as often as possible. Sometimes I'll have a bit of cranky wife complaining about a public campground, usually about the size of the site. She (we) get spoiled by the state sites which generally more spacious. Reading the comments brings to my mind a question, how many of the responses researched their bad experience campground before booking there, and found the reviews were way generous to them.
How many people write reviews of parks.

I do it to help my fellow RVers.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #21

Great Falls MT KOA. It was once one of our favorites, we stayed there many times. It's right next to the air base, and one time we watched a bunch of Warthogs taking training flights. Anyhow, the problem is not the facilities, which are top-notch, but the landscaping. There's just too much of it. Earlier on, when the foliage was still small, it wasn't a problem, but the last time we were there, it was a challenge to enter and (especially) to exit our site. Not only that, while setting up I was poked in the top of the head by a large pointy hanging branch, and was only saved from serious injury by my Tilley hat, a good old canvas one. I cut that limb off myself. This was a few years ago, and they may have finally pruned that jungle, but we stay at Dick's whenever we're in GF now.
ironflange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Any of the KOA's I've stayed at, in fact I'm going to avoid all KOA's in the future too.
Every KOA we've stayed at has been good for nothing more than a one nighter and moving on.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Any of the KOA's I've stayed at, in fact I'm going to avoid all KOA's in the future too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
Reminds me of Red Top Mountain State Park just north of Atlanta just off I75. The sites weren't too bad but close enough to the interstate to hear the traffic all the time, including big trucks at night, trains on a regular basis and to top it off... in the flight pattern for either Dobbins AFB or the Atlanta airport.
It was quite a noisy experience.
Could have been the Cassville-White KOA.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
How many people write reviews of parks.

I do it to help my fellow RVers.
I do also.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
First off I always try to write a review. It helps others as well as will help me when I read reviews. I am very active on Trip Advisor (BObK) and have over 200 reviews there as well.

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #26

Thumbs down

Bulow Florida Thousand Trails Encore Resort unbelievably horrible
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Our worst campground and one we would never ever return to has to be KingsKamp in Key Largo Florida. Sites were smaller than small (our slide out was in our neighbors site), old, run down, looked like a used car parking lot (no room for tow vehicles) and not so friendly owners. Here is a link to our review Key Largo, FL Campground Reviews - Best of Key Largo Camping - RV Park Reviews
Oh and very expensive ($75 a night)

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mricet1005 View Post
Grandmas RV Park, Shepherdsville, KY. Sites are packed like sardines. Can't open awnings. The owners are rude and obnoxious. Worst I have run across.
Gosh, I was just there and if I was to come up with a complaint, it would have to be those truck tires slapping the payment all night. And the candy at the counter was a little stale. But for 35.00 a night, I guess I can put up with anything.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground