Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #1

With 275 Square Miles of brilliantly white Gypsum Sand, White Sands Monument in New Mexico was a photographers dream. There are no campgrounds in the monument, but plenty of full service campgrounds in the neighboring town of Alamorgodo. There is also a Wally World for those that like to camp for free

Endless Dunes surrounded by Tall Mountain Ranges

The Soaptree Yucca's stand out like a sore thumb in the endless expance

Such Beauty in simplicity

Check out the Full Gallery Here and let me know what you think

Pat

Every Miles A Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #2

With 275 Square Miles of brilliantly white Gypsum Sand, White Sands Monument in New Mexico was a photographers dream. There are no campgrounds in the monument, but plenty of full service campgrounds in the neighboring town of Alamorgodo. There is also a Wally World for those that like to camp for free

Endless Dunes surrounded by Tall Mountain Ranges

The Soaptree Yucca's stand out like a sore thumb in the endless expance

Such Beauty in simplicity

Check out the Full Gallery Here and let me know what you think

Pat

Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We were there two years ago and completely agree. A place to spend a day, not half a day. a day!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #4

We are overdue for a "fix". We drive the rig to the rear-most picnic area, park by one of the covered tables, then enjoy the day hiking/sliding/walking-well, whatever suits us at the time. My wife was really suprised at how hard the sand packs, and the stark beauty of the Dunes. I'm sure glad I bought her a quality digital camera! She filled 2, 1MB cards there. The pictures of sunset are especially beautiful.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #5

We werent sure what to expect, because we are used to weekends spent in the dunes in our home state of Michigan.

This was totally different and much enjoyed. I agree the sand wasnt like anything I had ever walked on and was very hard packed.

Our one dog loves to eat snow, and when we let him out of the truck, he ran right to the first pile of sand and took a huge mouthfull.

The wife and I were laughing so hard as he was trying to spit it out just as confused as could be.

Pat

Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Pat,
I can relate to the dog eating the sand. Our 2 dogs did the same thing. It's really an interesting place and surreal. You can see it from miles away and I can imagine what people think if they are not aware what it is.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote