Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #1

Out enjoying the Christmas decor of Colonial Williamsburg for the next 2 days. Staying at the American Heritage RV Park, then moving up to Cherry Hill Park for 1 1/2 days there before heading home for the holidays.
96PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #2

Out enjoying the Christmas decor of Colonial Williamsburg for the next 2 days. Staying at the American Heritage RV Park, then moving up to Cherry Hill Park for 1 1/2 days there before heading home for the holidays.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #3

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sounds wonderful. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. I am knee deep in entertaining, baking, and wrapping.

I've read that Cherry Hill Park is nice. I hope you enjoy it </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

American Heritage and Cherry Hill are both nice parks, but Cherry Hill can be a bit daunting in season as it gets really busy there...

GREAT park for proximity to the happenings in the D.C. and surrounding areas.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey 96PSD, enjoy the trip !! I bet Williamsburg will look real nice all decorated for Christmas! We were just there this past June and had a great time, we also stayed at American Heritage RV Park. It worked out well for us, plus the $1 a day for wi-fi is pretty close to free! We also stayed at Cherry Hill Park, but that was a few years ago, but said back then anytime we go to DC we would use it!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #6

I hope you all have a wonderful time in Colonial Williamsburg.Va
American Heritage is a great park too.

sparky out near Appomattox,va
Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #7

When one speaks of Christmas in Williamsburg it is in colonial times. There are no big fancy lights and mega Christmas displays. The theme is to decorate fronts of the stores and doors with greens and fruits and other indigious vegitation of the times.

American Heritage RV park is nice, being only 1 of 2 open at this time of year. The KOA's closed on the 10th of Dec. I stayed at the Pottery 3 years ago and it was pretty bare back then. Don't know if that has changed. I have a concrete pad w/ a patio and picnic table. Nice. They must have bumped the rate up a hair because the WI-FI is free. Just get an access code from the front desk to access the internet.

I have been to Cherry Hill Park a couple of times because it is a good stopping point for me to be able to hop the Metro and get into the city to visit relatives or for my sister to come visit me, especially if I am picking her up to head to NJ for holidays and family events. The price of Cherry Hill is a little straining on the pocket though so I don't try and spend to much time there unless I am touring history in DC.

Happy Holidays to all.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #8

Arrived at Cherry Hill Park last night and in their main office are two displays of future expansion plans for the RV park. They are currently drawing up offical plans, filing for permits and approvals. The expansion calls for a huge welcome lodge to be built just next to the existing office. It would include an indoor swimming pool, indoor large whirlpool hot tub. Re work some of the back area to have 2 or 3 different size cabins. There was not great detail what else would be included in the new lodge, but it is large indeed.

Oh by the way WI-FI is also free now at the campground.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey 96PSD, Thanks for the update on Cherry Hill Park, wow an indoor pool & hot tub sure sounds nice, can't wait for it to open ! I also like the idea of more places having free wi-fi !!!!