Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wilmington DE

I am attending a weekend show at the Chase Center in Wilmington this weekend. Looking for a close campground with electric. I would just boondock in their parking lot but my generator decided it was a good time to be in the repair shop. If you know of any campsites near by I would appreciate the info.

Thanks,
Joe
inkaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I grew up and spent a lot of time in the area, but never tried to camp in an RV. A lot of built up areas, a few state parks, but not much camping with hook ups.

You might try:
Delaware Motel & RV Park - New Castle Campgrounds | Good Sam Club

Brandywine Creek Campground | Go Camping America

This KOA is about 20 miles from Wilmington:

Philadelphia/West Chester KOA - Coatesville Campgrounds | Good Sam Club

There are also places in NJ, but you'd have fares on the Delaware River Bridge and perhaps the NJ Turnpike.

If you want to stay in Delaware, Lum's Pond SP has hook ups.

Lums Pond State Park, Bear, Delaware

With limited places to stay with full hook ups, you better start calling to get a space for the weekend in all of the above.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the info, but I think I am just out of luck for camping close this weekend. Lums Pond is booked. I checked a couple of other places and same problem. I thought we would just break down and pop for a hotel room. Little did I know, most of the hotel rooms in downtown are booked for the DNC starting next week.
Joe
inkaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #4

You might try across the bridge in NJ. Int. 295 parallels the NJ Tpk. and is free. There are a few cg's off RT 40 close to the Delaware Mem. Bridge which is just outside of Wilmington. Weather is supposed to be in upper 90's this weekend so you will definitely need A/c. BTW don't even think of going anywhere near Phila. as Int.95 is closed to all trucks, MH, and pickups with trailers for the duration of the DNC. Also if doing a motel look around Rt. 40 or Rt. 13 in Newark, which isn't far from Wilmington and has some low cost plus all the chain ones near the Wilmington Airport. Good Luck!!