Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wilmington, Nc. Camping

Were thinking about going to Wilminton, NC. for a week over July 4th. But having trouble finding somewhere to camp. Would like be be right on the Ocean. I have looked in the camp grounds but there was only one, and i think inland. Can you help me out. This web sight is great
Dave Leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #2

Haven't camped but have vacationed in the Wilmington, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach area for many years. As of what I know of the area, can't think of a beachfront campground in the area. There is a campground along the Cape Fear River before the Snow Cut Bridge which takes you onto Pleasure Island. There website is Carolina Beach Family Campground Don't know much about it as I have never stayed there. This part of North Carolina is a great vacation area. Hope this helps alittle. Have fun.
jak61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #3

KOA that's it.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCam42 View Post
KOA that's it.
..........That's about it for the area. We left Oceanlakes in Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago going to the KOA there, called ahead and reserved a spot, no problem come on up. Upon arrival I was not impressed, the only person in the office looked like a Deer in headlights when I asked him about our site, duh....needless to say we politely just left. Good luck and travel safe.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Wilmington area has a lot to offer, just not campgrounds! We live off Carolina Beach Road, I don't know of any campgrounds I would want to stay at. Carolina Beach State Park has camping sites but I don't know about hook-ups; The "KOA" before you cross into Carolina Beach, like the above post....don't waste your time.; Winner's Campground in Carolina Beach is small, packed, on the main road in Carolina Beach; Fort Fisher Air Force Base, if you are military or retired military has small campground, would be worth checking out.; Waterway Campground, around the corner from the KOA, forget it....; There is a better KOA on highway 17, just north of Wilmington that would work as a good base while enjoying the Wilmington area. Seems clean, pool, small campstore, etc... Wilmington area, nice vacation area, just no campgrounds worth staying at. IMHO!

Tags
camping