Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Winter, Florida / South

I am new to the idea of spending some time in the South during the Winter, so please excuse my lack of understanding.

I'm just looking for someplace where I can escape the New England weather for some period of time during the winter months. Nothing special. It needn't have lots of amenities or activities. When I look through the campground/resort directories the great majority of the places I see are huge...300, 400, 600 spaces all tighly packed [satellite views] with 80% to 90% permanent [park model] units. They are also, to my mind] pretty expensive...$350+ per week, $1100+ per month.

Am I being unrealistic in looking for a clean campground where you can smile without your teeth hitting your neighbor's coach, in a considerably lower price range? Should I be looking somewhere other than Florida?

Appreciate all input be it for specific campgrounds or general comments.

'04 Journey 39W
'02 CRV
rogo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Theres lots of places in FL that come to mind…Rock Crusher Canyon, Anastasia Park in St Augustine, Top Sail State Park in the Panhandle, Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral, Long Point Park in Sebastian, Wickham Park in Melbourne (City Park, very nice). Theres a bunch on west coast (Rock Crusher is west coast)…just to name a few.

Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Southern Fl has many nice places. Also its a lot warmer than the northern areas. Check this web site for campgrounds also rvpark reviews.com, but don't wait until the last minute make reservations as soon as possilble.
07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
We found that the majority of FL state parks are very nice. All of the ones we stayed at had electric and water, some had full hookups. Then there are some resorts like The Great Outdoors in Titusville. The spaces are fairly close but the amenities ate great, especially if you are a golfer.
Also Wilderness RV in Silver Springs FL. Nice wide spaces, particularly those that border the Florida Trail.
Lots of choice but you do need to plan a little in advance. During the high season the weekends fill up at the state parks.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Come to North Central Florida

At $16 per night this cannot be beat...

Ocala National Forest - Salt Springs Campground
Jack & Beverly
1999 National Tradewinds 7371; Cat 3126; 6 Speed Allison; 7.5 KW Onan; Freedom 20
2012 Nissan Versa on a EZE Tow
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
There's lots of reasonable places in Florida. Look from northern central Florida to South Bay on the southern side of Lake Okeechobee, and well inland from the coast on both sides. See my blog FugaWeTribe | Where in the……? for a few of them.

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com
johnhicks is offline   Reply With Quote

florida, winter