Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #15

Riverbend is nice if you don't mind being in the country.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Raven2012---justwondering how delivery on the new coach went and where you decided to stay in Florida---any update??

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrism View Post
Raven2012---justwondering how delivery on the new coach went and where you decided to stay in Florida---any update??
Delivery was good at Lazydays. Since this was our first mh we stayed for 3 weeks in an attempt to learn all the systems. Went to Northern Michigan for a month and then meandered leisurely South. Stopped at Myrtle Beach for the month of Nov for scheduled Dr appts. I had minor shoulder surgery scheduled that turned out to be more serious. So surgeon wants us here 10 weeks post op. So our Dec 1 arrival in Fla will be postponed until about Feb 1. We were not going too far south in Fl as we have some things (FD reunion, service at LD, a concert) in the Orlando/Tampa area. We are scheduled to stay at Florida Grande, but things are fluid right now as physical therapy is slow going. But we are still smiling and happy with our decision to go full time.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
ravens2012--- glad to hear your coach delivery went well! Im sorry to hear about the complications. That does seem par for the course as we age. My wife has to be back in Indiana for cervical neck surgery in April so we will be cutting our Fl stay short a little. I need rotator cuff surgery but putting it off as long as I can right now.
We start our Florida time at the Caterpillar shop in Ocala just north of Webster and we end our time in Fl at Homassaso in a park called Rockcrusher Canyon just to the west.We may check out the Florida Grande it looks nice on the website!d?
This will be our third winter in Fl and we still are looking for the right place. We are trying Water Edge in Punta Gorda for a month and The great Outdoors in Titusville along with Rockcrusher. We hope to find a place we like and maybe purchase a lot.Not sure on that yet!
Anyway welcome to fluttering and hope to recover well and enjoy your winter.

Dan Murphy

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Old 12-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #19

Dakrism- we stayed at Rock Crusher for a few days last year and stopped at a great sea food place called Pecks Old Port on W. Ozello Trail.... not too far from Rock Crusher
--- just thought I'd mention it.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Dan, it was rotator cuff I had. Doc said was gonna be minor but when i
he got into it the rotator cuff was almost completely torn. Surgery was easy for me but pt is a bear, therapist said it is easier for women but not so for men.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
@PanJH---thanks for the tip on the restaurant. its always nice to have advice like this.Do you have any opinion on Rockcrusher Canyon? any other tips we have never been to that arae of Florida.

@Ravens2012---the dr. says my rotator cuff looks bad on the MRI but I am going to wait until my wife gets her neck thing done.You know one of us at a a time.LOL

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Old 12-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
As we are new to full timing and the coach will not be delivered until late June I am just trying ti figure out the location for Jan and Feb 2015 so I can make reservations. We want to be pretty warm for the winter so I guess south of Orlando is what we hope for. We do want to try the Gulf coast. Not sure of the cost but I do not think we want to spend more that $1500-$1800 per month.
Thanks
for your help.

Roy and Bonnie
2015 Anthem DEQ (on order)
Two years ago we were on our way from So Cal to Destin & points east. We'd never even heard of the Gulf Shores area when our son, USAF stationed in Biloxi, suggested that Easter break might be a bit rowdy for my tastes in Destin. The single week we planned to spend in the Gulf Shores area turned into 6. Magnificent! We got the motorhome as far as Navarre. The car as far as Destin. We never made reservations more than a week in advance. Even got into the hugely popular Gulf Shores State Park right after the snowbirds started leaving. I would certainly recommend reservations ASAP in the areas where visitors really flock. We had no problem finding very highly rated parks - and definitely use rvparkreviews.com - that allowed spontaneity. We also identified parks that will require advance reservations on our next visit. We approached our first trek into the area as a simple exploratory visit. Stay a week, then move on.

Tags
winter