Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #15

I did qualify by saying " unless you like that sort of thing". We all have opinions and yours is just as good as mine. I don't like the pies there either. I do like the Maggie Mine road to Bumble bee and Crown King.

mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #16

Winter temp az

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I did qualify by saying " unless you like that sort of thing". We all have opinions and yours is just as good as mine. I don't like the pies there either. I do like the Maggie Mine road to Bumble bee and Crown King.

Yep. And it was a grand campground. Did not get washed away!
Have you seen it since the new owners and managers upgraded it? It is superb, and everyone there loves "that sort of thing". Don't pass on the good stuff.
And Yep! Did most of the roads between Mayer and Prescott.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #17

There aren't many choices around I-17 and 74. Lake Pleasant would be your best bet. Sedona/Cottonwood is too far for visiting with your friends.

February is just started to get nice in the Phoenix area so I don't think you should be concerned about the weather. Wickenburg would be a little cooler but I can't think of a nice park there.

You might also consider two Maricopa county parks - Lake Pleasant (& I believe they have some full hookups - not sure). This is different than Lake Pleasant Harbor RV park. The other Maricopa County park near that area is Cave Creek - water and electric. We've stayed at both. They're nice. There's a 2-week limit but you could go to both of them during the one month. They have large, beautiful sites and they're also very popular so make reservations ASAP.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsod48 View Post
We are planning to visit friends near Phoenix this coming February. How far north of the city does the weather stay moderate with daytime temperatures in the mid 60's? Any good RV park recommendations in that area? As always, thanks for the help.

You have been provided many great ideas. I suggest a good RV app like AllStays so you can make decisions based on your preferred camping style.
Best wishes, Happy Trails, and may the Journey be Your Destination

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all for the help!
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #20

Desert Shadows is a decent resort that's not been mentioned, just south of the 101 and west of the I-17. It is clean and has large sites, but is definitely in an urban location. My in-laws have stayed there when visiting from Virginia and liked it. Handy access to the 74 hiway.
Phoenix RV Parks and Campgrounds | Desert Shadows RV Resort

I think the Pioneer Resort previously referenced would be a good choice also, if you want access to the 74.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #21

Sedona/Cottonwood/Verde Valley get cold in February. Like high teens and low 20's at night. It warms up well during the day, like to the 50's or maybe 60's but the weather is much more pleasant in the Phoenix area. There are some good parks that way, depending on how close you want to be to the city. State parks along with RV parks.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The Arizona state parks are also good. Many of them have water and 50 amp electrical hook-ups. They are popular, so it's best to have a reservation. A few of them permit extended stays. If you're in the Cottonwood area, we like Dead Horse Ranch State Park. If you want north of Phoenix, not far from I-17, you could consider something near Prescott.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #23

It can snow in Prescott!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
It can snow in Prescott!
I lived in Prescott for 15 years. It is a beautiful western town but for your visit to see your friends it is 100 plus miles to Phoenix. Also nights get pretty cold in Feb. and days will be in the 50's. My humble advice is stay south of Black Canyon but take day trips Sedona, Prescott, Cottonwood, Grand Canyon etc.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #25
MPH

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles tuit View Post
I lived in Prescott for 15 years. It is a beautiful western town but for your visit to see your friends it is 100 plus miles to Phoenix. Also nights get pretty cold in Feb. and days will be in the 50's. My humble advice is stay south of Black Canyon but take day trips Sedona, Prescott, Cottonwood, Grand Canyon etc.
Would you offer the same advice is we wanted to spend the last half of March in Cottonwood or Prescott or Mayer? Or would we be ok in any of those places from March 21 - April 4?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Would you offer the same advice is we wanted to spend the last half of March in Cottonwood or Prescott or Mayer? Or would we be ok in any of those places from March 21 - April 4?
I'm not a weatherman but averages for Prescott follows:

March ave. high 60 low 31

April ave. high 67 low 37

Hope this helps
Old 10-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #27

Cave Creek regional park is nice, but $25 day with water and power. They do have a two week limit (per spot) but you can book it now and book another spot. It's like musical RV's, but beautiful. I like lake pleasant too and it's a lot cheaper.

Tags
winter