Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #29

Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #30

No the time was not up. We asked before that to stay. We asked to pay full nite to stay for 3-4 hours.
If someone complained then I would think they would say something to us instead of acting this way.
This has never happened to us so I guess I was just mad. I guess it is what it is and move on and enjoy camping and have fun. Thanks everyone for responses.

Mahakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Mahakal, you sound like a real nice guy. And I know the owner and the staff at that park are really nice folk too from what I can remember of our stay there.

It sounds to me that perhaps somebody in your group may have committed some kind of egregiously bad act, whether it was driving around the park intoxicated and hitting bicycles or whatever. I can't believe that they'd call the police if it wasn't something very dangerous. I also don't think they would call the police on hearsay from other campers. I have to believe that they witnessed whatever it was themselves.

And you say that they didn't want to discuss what you did wrong but you did say that they were at your camp yelling at the ladies. So they must have been telling those adults what the problem was. Should they have been yelling at the ladies? Maybe not but depending on how bad the behavior was, I may have felt the same way if I had witnessed somebody driving on my property running into things while intoxicated.

But if you know for sure that nobody in your group was driving around the park hitting things then I'm not sure what to say.

As the owner seemed to me such a level-headed and nice guy, I have to think that there was something he witnessed personally that really got him mad and I can understand that if he saw somebody in your group driving around the park hitting things, that would certainly make him mad enough to start yelling at the adults in your party no matter how nice a guy he is.

But you're right, it's best to forget the incident and move on with life.

Safe travels to you and yours.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In addition to the suggestions above (I did not read all of 'em) IF the campground owner made a false police report of you driving out the gate drunk, and you were stopped and "Inconvienced" by having to prove you were sober.

You need to call Ben Dover & C. Howit Feels, attorney at law and have them demonstrate to said owner the lack of wisdom in said actions.

(Note: Fictional law firm, Thanks to Msr. Fine, Howard and Fine for the name (3 stooges).
Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #33

I guess some confusion about this review is that it states how the pool was awful and there was no security gate so not safe for family and kids... but the review starts saying they wanted to stay longer..why would a person want to ask to stay longer if it was believed that it is unsafe? I would not want to extend my stay at a site that I felt had a pool and overall area that was not safe for my family.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist11 View Post
I guess some confusion about this review is that it states how the pool was awful and there was no security gate so not safe for family and kids... but the review starts saying they wanted to stay longer..why would a person want to ask to stay longer if it was believed that it is unsafe? I would not want to extend my stay at a site that I felt had a pool and overall area that was not safe for my family.
That's why I say there are three sides to each story, yours, theirs and the truth. We only have one so far.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #35

We were only going to extend our stay there for 3-4 hrs. We were already there for one day did not want to look for any other sites. Looking for other sites and moving with about 20 people too much hassle so stayed there. Did not think that if anyone had a problem they would call police on you instead of going to the site and saying some thing about it. Being in service business for many years I don't think I would do that to anyone with out talking to a person. This is just me.
Mahakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
For the sake of argument and playing devil's advocate, however, if I was the park owner and witnessed something illegal or somebody doing something such as driving intoxicated around my property and running into or over things, then I might call the police too before trying to confront an intoxicated person.

I was also in customer service and in a position where I had to deal with the public and believe me, I would not want to confront nor argue with a drunk as it's usually futile to do so.

Customer service can only be extended so far. Knowing how nice and cordial these people are at this particular park, there had to be something going on that really made them mad. They seemed like very reasonable people to me when we were there.

It sounded as if the owner did go to your site. It also sounded like he was really mad and wanted your group out of there. He must have confronted your wife and the women in your group. What did your wife say was said?

If ...and I'm not saying it happened, somebody in your party was driving around the park intoxicated and had run into a bicycle, then I personally don't see where he was obliged to give you a reason for wanting you off his property. Again, I'm putting myself in his shoes and if I witnessed somebody doing that on my property, I would have called the police too.

Obviously you've talked to your wife and the other adults in your group and not one of them admitted to acting inappropriately I'm guessing.

I'll butt out now as the only reason I keep posting is I guess I want to defend the park owner as he and his staff were nice folk and treated us politely and with respect. If they hadn't, I would definitely be one of the ones urging you to post a bad review of that park.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
And the plot thickins, listening to " As the RV Turns"