Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
WOW! Awesome RV Resort

While returning from Memphis and Nashville in October we decided to locate a campground rather than dry camping one night. My Bride mentioned she saw a sign a couple of miles back that mentioned a campground off the next exit. OK, we exited. Boy, are we glad we did.

Anchor Down RV Resort is probably the nicest park we've ever stayed in. The owner is very down to earth and when he delivered our firewood to our site, he told me he had bought the property to build high end homes on this location over looking the lake. Then the housing market dried up. So, he opted to build a RV Park. He did it right. Located near Dandridge, TN it's not far off Rte 40. We will definitely stay there again if traveling that route.

Here's a link to they're website:

New RV Resort, Breathtaking Views, Fireplaces, BathHouse, STAY WITH US

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Very nice. Thanks for posting that !

What do they charge per night ?

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 AM   #3
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post

$49 to $69 a night!
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post

Looks like $49 to $69 a night
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We stopped in Anchor Down last summer. Very nice place with fabuluous views of the lake. Only issues we had was getting level. You would think with all the money they spend on landscaping, paving each site, fireplaces at some sites, etc, they would have ensured the sites were completely level.

To be fair, though, all the waterfront sites did look level, it was just the pull throughs that seemed to have a problem.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
We stopped in Anchor Down last summer. Very nice place with fabuluous views of the lake. Only issues we had was getting level. You would think with all the money they spend on landscaping, paving each site, fireplaces at some sites, etc, they would have ensured the sites were completely level.

To be fair, though, all the waterfront sites did look level, it was just the pull throughs that seemed to have a problem.
No, mine wasn't level either, pull in. I just can't figure it out. Why spend all that money and then don't put a transit or laser level out to make sure everything is right. It is a nice place but they spent way too much on hardscape and not enough on landscape. It needs some greeenery.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
As for perfectly level sites. I imagine they made these sites the way they did is for water run off. They weren't that far from true level. That's what jacks are for.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Weldor View Post
As for perfectly level sites. I imagine they made these sites the way they did is for water run off. They weren't that far from true level. That's what jacks are for.
Thanks..that's good to know.

After my jacks were deployed and adjusted my front tires were about 6 inches off the pavement. I don't particularly like that so I resorted to the use of wooden blocks to support them. The DP behind us had his tag and drive axels up about the same.

I would stay there again but would pick my site before getting set up instead of letting them assign one. Also they have limited pull through sites which is what we wanted for an overnighter.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:27 PM   #9

4 night stay minimum on sites 139 and up. That is all the waterfront sites and the sites adjacent.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:29 PM   #10

This place is spectacular. Hopefully many won't find it too soon and book it up. As far as leveling...keep in mind that the place is basically rows that are terraced into a mountainside. Granted most are very level, but some have a gradual slope. Nothing that can't be adjusted with standard stuff we all carry to level in sub par campgrounds. Feel free to stay away if it worries you...more open spots for me to reserve. Lol
Old 04-01-2015, 06:36 AM   #11

Lol..it is a spectacular place...one of the top ten we've stayed in. The views are great over the lake Plus the premium features on some of the lake front sites. There's even a sand beach for lake swimming if the pool is not what you want. I think the lakefront and lower level sties book up well in advance. Didn't mean to offend anyone..just telling it like I see it.