Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Floyd:
Posted by Floyd<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Howdy Floyd, Nice to see you around.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will "¢ 343 "¢ Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2003, 03:01 AM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have to respectfully disagree with Ken. I think young people today are much more aware of their environment. Change is always slow but I do see it happening. One example would be that you can buy hybred cars now. Here in Vermont there is by requirement a great deal of recycling. That doesn't change the fact that there are jerks now and there have always been inconsiderate jerks in the world.
Maybe some of the people who are dumping on the ground just have not been taught how to dump the tanks. That's not something they tell you at the rv store. Not everyone is clever or smart enough to figure it out on their own. Communicating the right way to those that are dumping in this manner might be helpful to everyone.

Lynnvt
2002 Cardinal 33LX by Forest River
2004 Chevy Silverado 3500
Duramax/Allison
extended cab dually

Old 11-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #17

dump stations---well "men" do the same thing in restrooms---just what's so hard about flushing the toilet there either
I wAS RAISED TO ALWAYS FLUSH AND WASH MY HANDS
just WHO or WHAT raised these people-they probably are pigs any way.people who have made and saved enough money to buy a nice rig-are not ignorant--they just think -"big deal" someone else will clean it up-I once jumped right in on someone-all i got was nasty words-and "he" didn't care-so i see money "can't" buy common since-.
my 2 cents-
Old 11-19-2003, 08:05 AM   #18

Warpath, I hate to act stupid but what is an RV-Sanicon system? Did this come with your rig or was it an add on. My husband hates the handling of the hoses as well. Thanks, Linda
LindaVA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:49 AM   #19

Sorry to take so long to reply back...

Both 5th wheels were "nice" but not new and looked as if the owners were familiar with camping and how to operate them. Both were older couples (older than my 42), with the first ones being in their 60s-70s and the second in their 50s.

I did stop and ask the attendant at the gate about it and he seemed somewhat hot. He knew the first couple and said he would call them and and would stop the couple behind me "for questioning".

I guess I'll keep my rubber boots ready for my next trip to the dump station!

Edmo

28' 2000 Coachman Futura 2790TB Travel Trailer
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4, big gas guzzling V-10, auto trans & 4.30 rear gears
Both have been from Alaska to Florida, and points along the way!

2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4, big gas guzzling V-10, auto trans & 4.30 rear gears
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #20

Fortunately I am able to ask my father-in-law anything about RV'ing. He has been towing for better than 30 years. I am one of the new generation of RV'ers, but I can tell you that I got into this after exhaustive research. I am concerned about the enviroment, and leaving the CG site better than we found it. I don't want to step in your ****, so I won't leave a mess at the dump pad when I am done. Use common sense, would you **** on the floor at home, NO, so why would you **** on the dump pad. People need to learn to respect each other, then, and only then, will things change in our society.

Later, Mark
mcrhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:40 AM   #21

I dont like to dump, just like everyone else in that matter. But, it has to be done and I have my way of doing it. I buy latex doctors gloves and use a pair with each dump then I throw the pair away. I do not leave a mess for someone else to clean up. Its working for me. george
george1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:46 PM   #22

This original incident reminds me of when, several years ago, I was dumping the black tank of my cabover camper at my dad's house (he has an RV dump into his septic tank).

Well, the hose I was using wasn't new, so I was being careful and holding the hose to the outlet and fitting of the tank...

You guessed it...the hose broke loose with both my hands there.

You know....there's nothing like the lovely essense of raw sewage flowing over your hands to get your appetite up for dinner.

My guess is the people who merely drive up and let 'er rip from the pipe tip to the dump hole are fly by night RV'ers who won't be around in the long run....I hope.
Sixgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #23

Nothing suprises me anymore we have ppl come in our park with big holes in the hoses and still dump their tanks in our sites. Some people just have no home training.

Apple Hill RV Park Brookings Oregon
Scott and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #24

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...After several decades of environmental education, the younger generation has no more respect for our planet than us poor old folks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ken, i'm not sure if you said that with a grain of humor or if it was meant to be a bit sad, but I got a smile from it this morning. I like to poke a little fun at myself, best humor of all.

And as far as newbies who "just don't know any better" and dump their tanks or do other stupid things, i just sold my 5er to a 'green behind the ears' young family. He offered me a couple hundred bucks over the price of the rig to leave behind the odds and ends you accumulate after years of experience and show him how to use them. (We all learned the hard way which trinkets to buy.) I won't take the money (i don't think) but went out and bought him a brand new in the box:
-new sewer hose with a variety of connections
-that 'easy-cleanout' sewer/hose attachment for cleaning black tank
-an assortment of necessary fuses
-an electrical pigtail for plugging into home power
-tire chocks
-and leaving behind my king-pin stabilizer tripod which is in brand new shape; and also leaving behind my prized collection of perfect sized wood blocks

I could have used all this stuff since my new 5er is currently being built.
(And me and the wife stocked his new trailer with new rolls of TP, soap, and cleanser.)

He may not know how to drain a black tank yesterday, but we aint tossing him the keys until he passes the test. )
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #25

I've been RV'ing for about 15 years, the first trailer we bought (19' fifth wheel, used didn't come with anything extra, not even a half roll of TP), we didn't know anything, learned by watching others and by our own mistakes. The second trailer we bought (35' fifth wheel) we bought from a snowbird who was having health problems. The day we told him we wanted it he handed us the keys to his truck and said it came with it!!!!! It came with everything, and he didn't want us to leave until we knew how everything worked, where everything was stored, etc... Our 3rd trailer is now 2 weeks old, havn't sold the old one yet but it will go with, at a minimum, the basic necessities. If everyone did business like the old guy I bought from or FatDog, then we wouldn't have much to complain about. My hats off to you FatDog. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mcrhill:
I am concerned about the enviroment, and leaving the CG site better than we found it. I don't want to step in your ****, so I won't leave a mess at the dump pad when I am done. Use common sense, would you **** on the floor at home, NO, so why would you **** on the dump pad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like this would make a good bumper sticker or two!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #27

I remember 10 years ago or so when we started renting Class C homes for vacation..

The first time I pulled into a dump station I was a nervous wreck. I am not sure what prompted it but I was probably the most over cautious person ever at the station. I was checking everything 10 times.

This may have something to do with having to suffer the giggles of other boaters the first time I put my ski boat in without the drain plug and had to pull it back out.

I didn't want anything unexpected exploding out. lol
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 PM   #28

......Get an Incinolet Toilet and forgetaboutit....it's electric and about once a week you have to empty the "ash tray".....usually I don't say "never"....but this I'm sure I will NEVER go to a black water system-flush toilet....again NEVER!.....geofkaye