Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Wyoming camping

I grew up visiting near Woods Landing Wo summer and would like to Rv there this summer. Does anyone know of a Rv park to recommend in that area? Also we have been told by a couple people that there is so much damage to trees by beetles and fires that we may not want to see it now. Has anyone been in this area(southeast of Laramie off highway 10. What did you think?
RonKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Google can be your friend. Historic Woods Landing

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Medicine Bow area

We go to the Snowys every winter snowmobiling. I agree there has been allot of beatle kill and I can see the change in the past few years. The area by no means is all dead. Some areas are real bad and some are good. The killed trees are being logged and there are many spruce trees growing in the bad areas. I have only been past Woods Landing a couple times when we were considering purchasing a cabin near Jelm from our neighbor here in Nebraska. We decided not to so We haven't seen it for a couple years. It may not look as you remember but its always good to go back for a visit.
Dhoman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Google can be your friend. Historic Woods Landing
Headed to Wyoming in two weeks. Checked out their web site and found they charge $5/day extra for each pet. Wow, don't think I'll be stopping there!
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Headed to Wyoming in two weeks. Checked out their web site and found they charge $5/day extra for each pet. Wow, don't think I'll be stopping there!
See, you wouldn't have known that if you hadn't gone to the website. Google is your friend!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
This is something I'm curious about and hope you will post your findings. Other things being equal - if one CG is charging a fee for pets or whatever - do the others in the area not follow along. The key to my question I guess is - do you get anything else for the $5 in a extra fee park over another in the area that doesn't charge the fee? Better view of mountain, on the lake, nicer pet area / dog runs are examples. And if not - it's an interesting market dynamic. Usually market forces keep prices in line. You can pay less for less - but why pay more for the same?

I do not want to hijack your thread - I am only interested in what you find in this specific area of Wyoming. It may make a good thread on it's own.
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #7

I hadn't seen the $5 per pet that would be a problem for us as we have 3 yorkies so $15 a day extra. I will need to look for another CG
Old 07-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #8

I called the Woods Landing RV Park and they do not charge extra for pets in RVs but there is a charge per pet in the cabins. I would really hate to see parks charging extra for pets. Too many of us have pets in our rvs
Old 07-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKent
I called the Woods Landing RV Park and they do not charge extra for pets in RVs but there is a charge per pet in the cabins. I would really hate to see parks charging extra for pets. Too many of us have pets in our rvs
Well that was time well spent!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKent View Post
Thanks for the update. They need to change their web site information which clearly states a charge of $5/pet.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Thanks for the update. They need to change their web site information which clearly states a charge of $5/pet.
For what it is worth, we pulled into a KOA in Sioux Falls, SD a few weeks ago and I was surprised when the lady in the office ask me how many pets I had as there is a charge for each pet. First time I have every ran into that. They just built a new fenced in play area for pets and I suspect they were trying to recover the cost by charging a fee for each pet at check in.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #12

I see where they have the fee for dogs for RV s posted on their website. They boy I spoke to on the phone may have been wrong. He didn't know then looked it up and said he thought it was for cabins only. We have decided not to stay there since I do not want to support a RV that charges for RV pets. Not good if other parks decide to do it too
Old 07-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #13

We have decided to stay in Walden CO at the North Park/Gould Koa. It is on hwy 14 near Gould. Has anyone stayed here? If so how was it. ?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKent View Post
We have decided to stay in Walden CO at the North Park/Gould Koa. It is on hwy 14 near Gould. Has anyone stayed here? If so how was it. ?
Check out the reviews. I haven't been there, but the reviews look pretty bad.
Walden (Colorado ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews

Granite Corner RV park in the same area might be pretty good. It's listed on the same review page and reviews and comments are pretty good.