Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #1

Wyoming / Colorado State Line

We've got a week or 10 days to cool our heels along the Wyoming / Colorado State line east of Rock Springs along I-80. Any ideas on a nice RV Park with full hookup sites.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
KOA at Rock Springs is not the best and is expensive for what it is. there are fair grounds at Rock Springs that have full hook-ups and are far less expensive. Look up the Sweetwater Events complex, but be sure to call them first to make sure they do not have a big event planned. You can check out their ratings on Campendium and maybe RV Reviews.

Safe travels
Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #3

We've not been to these but the Rawlins area have three with good ratings. There would be more to do in that area. Take a day trip to the Snowy Range by Saratoga. Beautiful.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/reg...yoming/rawlins

If you stay by Rock Springs you could check out Flaming Gorge.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you.. I'm actually in Flaming Gorge. I think we are going to head to Rawlings or Laramie, and then do a day trip down to Saratoga, Riverview, and John Lake in Colorado to scope out a few parks. One of my wife's favorites is Terrys Bison Ranch in Cheyenne, but I'm not sure I am ready for Buffalo herds close by in the August heat.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpierce View Post
Thanks to both of you.. I'm actually in Flaming Gorge. I think we are going to head to Rawlings or Laramie, and then do a day trip down to Saratoga, Riverview, and John Lake in Colorado to scope out a few parks. One of my wife's favorites is Terrys Bison Ranch in Cheyenne, but I'm not sure I am ready for Buffalo herds close by in the August heat.
Snowy Range as suggested along with some great parks along the River between Shoshone and Thermopolis - IMHO Wind RIver areas are both well worth the effort to visit and both could be trips of there own.

Unlike most we seldom go anywhere for the CG’s so can’t make that suggestion.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #6

County Fair Grounds in Rawlins has electrical hookups. Best to check with the office there beforehand. We stayed there for two nights in April. Quiet.
Youngpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:28 AM   #7

Last summer I spent a few days at Vedauwoo campground, just off I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie. I just kind of stumbled upon it (twogypsies style), and liked the unique geography and interesting sites.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Last summer I spent a few days at Vedauwoo campground, just off I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie. I just kind of stumbled upon it (twogypsies style), and liked the unique geography and interesting sites.
[IMG][/IMG]
What a beautiful site!!! Sorry we didn't find that one.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Another option is just south of Saratoga is Encampment/Riverside. In Riverside there is a nice little campground that has water and electric. The sites don't have sewer hook ups but the park does have a dump site.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR View Post
KOA at Rock Springs is not the best and is expensive for what it is. there are fair grounds at Rock Springs that have full hook-ups and are far less expensive. Look up the Sweetwater Events complex, but be sure to call them first to make sure they do not have a big event planned. You can check out their ratings on Campendium and maybe RV Reviews.

Safe travels
Stayed at Sweetwater on the way to SLC last fall. Only 4 other campers but 50 amps, decent water, and 25 dollars per night

Not a lot to do in the area in my opionion
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado