Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Year round RV parks near Springfield Mass.

Looking for a park with full hookups near Springfield Mass. I need a place through the middle of December.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcop49 View Post
Looking for a park with full hookups near Springfield Mass. I need a place through the middle of December.
I hope you have a good reason. MA, especially in that area, can get down right nasty that time of the year. I wish I could give you a safe location. Check for ski camping in the area. That is my best advise.

Rick Y

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are really no campgrounds close to Springfield, with full hookups. As far as year round - pretty limited. This might be your best source, but I noticed one listing on there that is no longer open year round. Listing of Campgrounds and RV Parks Open All Year in NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, and CT
Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
There are really no campgrounds close to Springfield, with full hookups. As far as year round - pretty limited. This might be your best source, but I noticed one listing on there that is no longer open year round. Listing of Campgrounds and RV Parks Open All Year in NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, and CT
Nice information and site. Had to bookmark it. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I hope you have a good reason. MA, especially in that area, can get down right nasty that time of the year. I wish I could give you a safe location. Check for ski camping in the area. That is my best advise.

Rick Y
Pretty good reason. The wife is a contract nurse...we live in our TT while on assignment. If the Mass contract works out, we might just be doing and Extended Stay...
Old 08-18-2014, 04:01 AM   #6

Very nice year round campground in Connecticut just a little over a hour from springfield mass do a search for
Aces high campground in east lyme.

http://aceshighrvpark.com

05 MADP 4301
2014 Ford FX4 Crew
Blue Ox tow bar
Air Force One
Billy & Jeannie & Clyde The Poodle
Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Its about an hour away from Springfield but we stayed here during a late fall bird hunt:

Webster Sturbridge Family Campground
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
DJ

Much closer to Springfield, do a Google search for campgrounds in Southwick, MA. Granville, MA, and Monson, MA

I don't remember the campgrounds names but there are a few to look into. Southwick and Granville will be the easiest commute into Springfield going East on Rt. 57. Coming from the Monson side is not as direct.

Sorry I don't have the names for you. I grew up in Agawam but haven't been there for a few years.