Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #15

Thanks. for all the replies. Since we have a smaller MH (28 foot) based on what I've read in the thread we have decided to stay in the park at fishing bridge. Called and got reservations from July 1 to July 11. Think we will enter through the south entrance and leave through the east. Then head to the Black Hills. Then down through Colorado and back to Arizona. About 2 months total.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
I am also planning a trip to Yellowstone. Reserved space at Fishing Bridge for 6 nights starting July 1. The 40ft. sites were already sold out.

MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #17

Don't miss the pancakes at Fishing Bridge General store. MMMMM
Old 01-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Campground in West Yellowstone

I can highly recommend the Wagon Wheel Campground in West Yellowstone. My family and I stayed there for 2 weeks last July 4 and had a ball. The drive into the park is really easy from there and you can cook and spend time outdoors in the campground without the paranoia of attracting bears!

Bathrooms are pristine and the place is quiet. I know you are going to see Yellowstone, but the fireworks display in West Yellowstone was one of the best I have have seen and went for a full 30 min. Town is easily within walking distance with a couple of grocery stores close by. Fishing bridge was nice, but dang they pack them in tight!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #19

yellowstone camping

We camped at fishing bridge last summer and i would never stay inside the park again.
The camping spots were so close campers had to help others park so one could open their slides
will go back one day but i will not say in the park
Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card3550 View Post
We camped at fishing bridge last summer and i would never stay inside the park again.
The camping spots were so close campers had to help others park so one could open their slides
will go back one day but i will not say in the park
I was there 4 nights in sept. Place was packed but I had no problem backing into my spot with RVs on each side. I have 32' 5er with dual rear slides and wardrobe slide. My spot was OK but I can see where some could be very unaccommodating.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #21

Fishing bridge

I should of said we had a 39ft 5th wheel with 4 slides
Old 02-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card3550 View Post
I should of said we had a 39ft 5th wheel with 4 slides
That could make a huge difference. I'd love to see something more accommodating in the park for large RVs with nice tables, grills, etc at each spot.

davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote