Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #15

We were there last August and stayed at Fishing Birdge. We have a 38 foot RV and pull a standard Ranger Pick Up. I like full hook ups but we really did not need them for the three nights we were there. Woke up to light snow one morning.
We took the truck on three different routes each day and boy was it wonderful. Each day was a new experience. Suire would like to be there right now.
Fishing Birdge is like many of the tight parks but who cares. We were only sleeping as we had so much to do each day. Forget TV reception and who needs it anyway, you are in Yellowstone for goodness sake!
As I said, we really could do with out the hook ups but Fishing Bridge is very convient for splitting the park into sections and do a little each day. We did the fast tour but brace yourself for a time you will remember. If you have a four legged pouch like we do, keep them close as they are bears, wolfes and other wild life. Ours loved barking at the bison when they were real close to the truck. Shut up already!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #16

We stayed at Fishing Bridge also . Great centralized place to take off for daily bike rides. We were there in August and it would be cold in the a.m. ... if you go in the spring, take plenty of warm clothes . we wore leathers and chaps in the a.m. then as the sun came out were able to peel off some layers.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #17

Not knocking fishing bridge----but ----it's pricey for what you get; bakers hole on the other hand; about 1/3 the cost, you have room to put out your awning and its not in your neighbors camper. Only drawback, there is no sewer hookups, does have a dump, so that should not be a problem. You pays your money and takes your choise. about 3 miles to yellowstone entrance; so not much farther than fishing bridge.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to Bridge Bay Campground last July without reservations. We initially stayed in a forest service campground about 10 miles east of the east entry. We were up early and arrived at Bridge Bay at 8 AM. The gal at registration gave me a choice out of 6 sites that would accommodate my 36 foot DP. Initially, they would only give me 4 days and told me to come back in 2 days, when she agreed that I could stay longer. There are no services, pure boondocking and we loved it. The secret is to get there EARLY in the day.

On the way in, stop at the museum in Cody for 2 days (entry is good for 2 days) and also stop at the TeePee built by Buffalo Bill Cody to house his guests going from Cody to Yellowstone via horse back. Nice but rustic.

Gene
edteggatz is offline   Reply With Quote