Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by born View Post
hello to everyone im a newbe planing atrip to yellowstone np any info on rving camping in park i have a 35 fter slides port stbrd borntmblwd@yahoo.com
Hey Born we went to Yellowstone last July after Grizzly kill East entrance and still there when 1 death and 2 attacts N/East!

For me stay out side in Park Cody,South,West or North and use as Base camp you will also need to take days off for rest 3-4 trips into Yellowstone and drive,not RV over Bear Tooth and Teton pass,what Fun,but not an RV of any kind'Stupid"Spend 2-3 days at Cody,a lot to see there!

Come back to Cheyenne Wy see the Fronter Rodio!

DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Hi Born,
I will be there for at least the last two weeks of June and maybe longer if I can find interesting things to do on July 4th. I will be in Colter Bay RV Park, Fishing Bridge and maybe the Yellowstone Edge CG in Montana. Hope to head back to Cody for the first week of July but after that I have 3 weeks to get back to FLA. I hope to do some dry camping in both of the parks. Look up RVcruzens journal about Yellowstone on this forum. Its great. If you see a Newmar Baystar with the front covered in lovebug juice in your travels, stop by and say hello.

Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
According to the Idaho Falls, ID newspaper Wed. 5/18, the East entrance to YSNP will open today! The avalanche at Sylvan pass has been cleared.

“Starting today, limited travel will be allowed through Sylvan Pass between 6 AM and 10 AM. Visitors headed westbound into the park should leave Cody no later than 8:30 AM. Travelers headed east out of the park toward Pahaska Tepee and Cody must be across Fishing Bridge by 9:30 AM.”

Also for anybody who is interested, Hwy 26 between Alpine, WY and Hoback Junction is closed (5/16) due to a 300 ft. wide x 800 ft. high mud slide. The highway dept. said that it is saturated with snow melt and still moving, they weren’t going to start removing it until it stops moving by itself.

To get between S/E ID and WY (Jackson/Tetons) you have to go over Teton Pass (10% up/down for 5 miles each side to Victor, ID then to Swan Valley, or North at Victor through Driggs to Sugar City and Rexburg.

We don't realize how luckey we are living in S/E Idaho (other than the long cold winters), we just go to Old Faithful Inn for lunch!

May you have following seas and fair winds!
2005 Dodge, 2500, auto, 2wd. Pac brake PRXB. CB, Max Brake Brake Controller, Rhino Lining, Aero 60 gal. replacement tank.
1998 Hitchhiker ll, mod#31RLBGBW, RBW L'tl Rocker Hitch, Generac NP50 G generator
richardcoxid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Park County Fairgrounds in Livingston has 50 amps and $15 a nite- cheapest place around. I have stayed there many months at a time. 406-222-4185
Ernie Ekberg, Bluebird Wanderlodge- 43
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
born going to ystone

thanks to all with ystone info want to go now waiting for $ to hit bank just put 2th$ + tires on been at lake shack doing repairs negelectted 7mnth again thanks to all born

born is offline   Reply With Quote