Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jim,

I wouldn't let Beartooth scare you,

I only have a 32', make that almost 37' with our rack and wheelchair plus the extra 11" that the Adventure doesn't add to their 32' model.

We don't tow but saw plenty of rigs much longer than ours with toads.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/beart...ins-34586.html

Unless you plan on a side trip, I would definitely recommend rt 212, the scenery is beautiful.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Don’t mean to hijack this threat Elkhartjim.

I had not meant to start reserving camping spots for our trip to Yellowstone this early. I guess it was a good idea to start. I made reservation for Fishing Bridge for August of 2010, they confirmed by email. I would also like to stay at coulter bay but they do not accept reservation, only first come. Since we are coming up from Estes Park, Co I don’t believe we will get in till late and am afraid we will not get a camping spot, although it sure sounds like an area I would love to be in. I am going to settle for second best and stay two nights at Snake River KOA. I cannot wait to try out the river rafting! So we will see the Jackson Hole/Teton area, then head up to Fishing bridge staying there a few nights (wish we had more time, but we will be back) as base camp and tour Yellowstone with the toad. I found Cruzers website that goes into detail of the area, learned a lot from his experience!

Here it is just in case someone else would like to read it.

Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and the Beartooths
Old 05-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the hijack Mary Beth. I enjoyed and certainly got some good info from Cruzzers site. Thanks again. Have fun....
Old 05-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #18

Two years ago we went from the Denver area to Yellowstone. On the way we found the little town of Lander. Loved the area. Instead of one night, we stayed three. Enjoyed exploring the area. The Sinkhole is neat. Here is a link to the town site:

City of Lander, Wyoming
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We just left Yellowstone.... Current cost for a night at Fishing Bridge is $39.65 incl. tax. We were in a 40' MH with 3 slides and had no problem with the back in space. They even have a paved toad parking area next to each MH area. The east gate presented no problem but the side trip to Teton Park and Jackson Hole is another story. Expect a total of at least an hour in delays due to road/bridge construction in 3 places and that was in the "off" season. As bridges are concerned, completion won't be anytime soon.
Have a good time,
Harold Miller
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote