Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Grizzly is a nice park a couple of blocks from the West Entrance, also within walking distance to the town of West Yellowstone. I have heard it is not as rustic as the KOA. We have stayed at Grizzly a couple of times. When we go back it will be Grizzly again. Have a great trip, we love Yellowstone.

Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 11:47 AM   #16

we stayed last fall at grizzly and it was a very nice location and RV campground. the facilities were nice and clean and in very good condition. I'd recommend it. I haven't stayed at the KOA so I can't comment on it.

briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I did stay at the KOA. Nice but the Grizzly is nicer and closer to town and the park. I am going in August, wish it was June.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yellowstone in June

Getting pretty exited about our trip at this time.
I have all the stops planned out with plenty of time to see the sites.
Need to install the rear shock when they get here.
Taking of the old front shocks the other day I figured out they where the originals. 😱😱
I am looking for a much improved Ride.
Also installed a CB for when I am in the back country😎
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: Tahoe or 2500HD, BrakeBuddy Classic
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
Getting pretty exited about our trip at this time.
I have all the stops planned out with plenty of time to see the sites.
Same here! Can't wait to go.

It is roughly 1,000 miles from Los Angeles and I figure on driving half way on the first day and resting up mid-way in Beaver, Utah. Then drive the rest of the way the next day.

I also bought a CB radio just in case I don't get any cell phone signals and to just listen in on chatter and weather/traffic reports.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Same here! Can't wait to go.

It is roughly 1,000 miles from Los Angeles and I figure on driving half way on the first day and resting up mid-way in Beaver, Utah. Then drive the rest of the way the next day.

I also bought a CB radio just in case I don't get any cell phone signals and to just listen in on chatter and weather/traffic reports.

Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy your trip.,
Old 05-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #21

It's looking like we might split the middle of you guys, leaving from the Havasu area around the 7th or 8th of June, and possibly overnighting in Vegas to hit a new restaurant.

From there we will likely take a few days once we are north of Evanston to check out some future retirement locations, then into the park for a couple of days, then a big loop up to Kalispell, MT, and, if conditions and timing work, up to Lake Louise before working our way to Redmond, WA, for the last weekend of the month.

Steve
Old 05-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just a few more days to go before we head out, we are packing for low 30's at night and mod 60's in the day.
I still need to replace 1 item on the RV once it gets here Thursday, but I think that we will be OK pulling out Saturday afternoon!!
Once we make it to our first stop in Nebraska the rest will be much shorter days 😎
Old 05-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Just a few more days to go before we head out, we are packing for low 30's at night and mod 60's in the day.
I still need to replace 1 item on the RV once it gets here Thursday, but I think that we will be OK pulling out Saturday afternoon!!
Once we make it to our first stop in Nebraska the rest will be much shorter days 😎
Have a great time! I have about 3 more weeks before we go. Can't wait!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:00 AM   #24

mc4
We really enjoy swimming at the Fire Hole River and the Boiling river as a hot tub. They are on the maps and any ranger can point you in the right direction.
As for a place to stay I recommend staying in the park most likely at a first come first serve, Noriss is great but arrive early and start looking for someone leaving and stake claim. The park is to big to stay outside of it and drive back and forth. Also the park is where the action is. Have Fun!!

2007,30RSO
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:15 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Talking

So much GREAT information! Wish we could go in June or September, but because of work......we're looking at taking two weeks mid July, 2016. Following all the great advice on this forum, we went to South Dakota a year ago, but wanted to have more time for Yellowstone. We're looking for advice on route from Michigan and stops/sights along the way? We usually drive 8 to 10 hours each day. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Have a great trip, we are heading that way a week from tomorrow, can't wait to get on the road. 4 nights at grand Teton National Park, then moving over to Fishing Bridge. Hoping the rain clears up and maybe a little warmer days.

Have fun.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #27

Quote:
We have decided to Lan our biggest trip yet!
Yellowstone in June!!
We are looking at taking about 3 days to get there, West Yellowstone KOA, hanging out at the park for 4 days, and then heading back through Sturgis.
We are planning 4 days for the trip back.
I am sure many of you have been, so any helpful hints on what "not to miss would be great!
It will be our biggest trip to date with about 3400 miles.
Should be lots of fun. We are starting out trip in west Tennessee.

Did this trip last year, the KOA is great and so is Sturgis. Lots to see right around the KOA. Sturgis is pretty quiet without all the bikes but is still fun. Good luck on your trip.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #28

Grizzly RV park is not "rustic" at all, it is one of the most modern, well-kept RV parks we've ever visited.
If at all possible, schedule a week in Yellowstone, 4 days allows you to see the major tourist attractions, but not to explore the out-of-the-way things that are every bit as interesting as Old Faithful. Don't worry about seeing everything the one visit, we've been there 5 times, each for a week, and still haven't seen everything they offer.
We were there a week before the big fire, and again the next year. The change was quite dramatic.
I'll second the warning to stay away from the bison, they can run up to 40 mph, and weigh a ton. One year my Mom organized a tour for retirees to Yellowstone. A bison was blocking the road, the bus driver blew his horn, the bison charged the bus and demolished the front of the bus to the extent a second bus had to be rushed in before they could get home.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote