Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
jor

Yosemite

We are planning a trip to Yosemite late August, early September and need much advice. We are 40ft and towing and plan to stay outside the park. Any help you can give us as to the RV parks we may stay at as well as what we need to see. Any help is greatly appreciated.
JOR2

jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Greetings,
My wife and I stayed for a week at Yosemite Pines RV Park, which is 30 minutes west of the park entrance on HW120. It's a very nice CG and easily handled our 40' MH. I recommend site# C59 if you can get it. Regarding what there is to do, I suggest trying to take your trips into the park on weekdays because it is extremely busy this year due to the high water flows. It's $20 to get in but is good for a week. While in the park, you really should spend at least a half day at the Mariposa Grove on HW41. The giant sequoia groves are amazing.

Another great 1/2 day is the Hetch Hetchy dam and reservior, which is about 3 miles short of the park entrance. There is a nice easy hike to the waterfalls behind the dam. A side trip to the little town of Columbia is fun if you like the old gold town kind of thing. We tried Jamestown in June, but it was much smaller and we didn't like it as much.

Good luck, hope you have a great time!
sdlowe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
paz

Grizzly RV in West Yellowstone, MT is right outside the west entrance to the park. We stayed there a couple of years ago, and it was a nice RV park. It is very conveinent to the park entrance.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at Mono Vista CG in Lee Vinning (Rtes 395/120) and drove in with the toad. It is a nice campground and the ride on 120 is spectacular.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
My son is a chef at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite so these are some of his favorite places:

1. Mist Trail up to Vernal and Nevada Falls - be careful are 4 people have died on this trail this year
2. Trail up to the brink of Yosemite Falls - fantastic views of the valley
4. 4 mile Trail up to Glacier Point

For less hiking, you can take the tram tour of the valley or the bus ride up to Glacier Point. A short easy hike goes to Mirror Lake. Raft trip down the Merced River is great too.

Of course a nice dinner at the Ahwanhee Dining Room would be in order too!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
jor

Thanks to all for your help .... JOR2
jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
yosemite

What area will u be coming to the Park. If 140 u will have to un hook because of the slide. I haveposts on yosemite search under yosemite with my sig. If u would like more info pm me

Joe(Ka6bud)
Mariposa Calif
ka6bud is offline   Reply With Quote