Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
KIX

Re: the tunnel........ post #13 provides the correct info. The tunnel is not a problem. 45' tour busses regularly traverse the tunnel. We've been through it four times with rig in sig.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #16

First... Make reservations for "inside the park" rv sites. It fills up very fast, especially the time you will be there. probably wise to do the same for "outside" parks too. Zion, and Bryce are simply AWESOME. Allow as much time as possible. We drove the motor home thru the tunnel, no problem.. And they don't hurry you thru. But no time to stop to look out the "peep holes". slots in the side of the tunnel. Shuttles are really the best way to see the canyon. Stop, get out , take your time, a shuttle will be coming about every 10 or 15 minutes. Get back on, go to next stop, etc. etc. Can't wait to go back again. Just a great place. And, we stayed at the half price rv park, outside Bryce, .. I think it was called Bryce Canyon Pines..
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #17

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
First... Make reservations for "inside the park" rv sites. It fills up very fast, especially the time you will be there. probably wise to do the same for "outside" parks too. Zion, and Bryce are simply AWESOME. Allow as much time as possible. We drove the motor home thru the tunnel, no problem.. And they don't hurry you thru. But no time to stop to look out the "peep holes". slots in the side of the tunnel. Shuttles are really the best way to see the canyon. Stop, get out , take your time, a shuttle will be coming about every 10 or 15 minutes. Get back on, go to next stop, etc. etc. Can't wait to go back again. Just a great place. And, we stayed at the half price rv park, outside Bryce, .. I think it was called Bryce Canyon Pines..
We are actually making reservations this weekend - crossing my fingers we still have good options!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #18

Dave,

When will you be there in June? We will be there around the 15th.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #19

Today at Bryce

Today, 4/16/2013, at Bryce Canyon!

Don't forget Bryce is at 8000 - 9000 ft. Even in June it can get cold.

We are camp hosting at Sunset Campground at Bryce until the middle of July. Let me know if you have any questions about camping and please stop in and say hi.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bryce_snow.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	37023  
kjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #20

Keith,

Campground recommendations would be great. We prefer the NFS type more "roughing it" in a 40' DP.

Thanks!
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #21

With a 40' MH you would fit in some of the sites in Bryce. There's also a nice NFS campground called Red Canyon not far from Bryce that we stay.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:01 AM   #22

I would recommend Ruby's campground just outside the park. Ruby's has full hook ups, laundry,pool,etc. Neither of of two campgrounds in the park have hook ups. If you do choose to camp inside the park, North campground is better for larger rigs but still only about 6 or 7 spaces would take a 40 ft DP. Make sure you make a reservation (May - Sept) or get there before around 10 am to get a spot.

Zion and Bryce are both spectacular parks. Zion is so grand and you tour from the valley. Bryce is toured from the rim and best experienced hiking down into the hoodoos. Every corner you round is a differing view and changes with the time of day. It's difficult to put your camera away.

Enjoy your time there and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Keith
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackson View Post
Enjoy your time there and let me know if you have anymore questions.
Keith
Love this topic as I am also going to Zion and Bryce this summer (end of July first of August time frame). Am wondering if there is a campground, with at least water/electric (30amp), that has a shuttle service to both parks? That would be... oh, so convenient and probably too much to ask for.

As a new member of the America The Beautiful senior pass does this get me any perks of discount on the park entrance fees?

Thanks,
Patsy

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #24

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
2 more weeks- can't wait!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaRules View Post

Love this topic as I am also going to Zion and Bryce this summer (end of July first of August time frame). Am wondering if there is a campground, with at least water/electric (30amp), that has a shuttle service to both parks? That would be... oh, so convenient and probably too much to ask for.

As a new member of the America The Beautiful senior pass does this get me any perks of discount on the park entrance fees?

Thanks,
Patsy
We just came back from Bryce. Stayed at Ruby's for 5 nights. There are shuttles from there into Bryce that go to the popular hiking trails. There is also a half day tour to Rainbow Ridge. All are included in the park pass.

America the Beautiful gets you into the park and a discount on camping.

I did not see or hear of a shuttle to Zion.

BTW: Contrary to what others said, we actually prefer Bryce.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevilleDF View Post
We just came back from Bryce. Stayed at Ruby's for 5 nights. There are shuttles from there into Bryce that go to the popular hiking trails. There is also a half day tour to Rainbow Ridge. All are included in the park pass.

America the Beautiful gets you into the park and a discount on camping.

I did not see or hear of a shuttle to Zion.

BTW: Contrary to what others said, we actually prefer Bryce.

I prefer Bryce, also but am traveling with someone who has never seen either! Looked at Ruby's online for prices and didn't see anything about discounts. Am I reading your reply incorrectly? According to their website, a site with electric & water is $40.37 nightly (with taxes). And my America the Beautiful card will get me free entrance in the park???

Worst case scenario would be finding two CG's for each visit as I really want to take advantage of the shuttle systems.

Patsy

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #27

CoupevilleDF: There isn't a shuttle TO Zion. There's a shuttle inside Zion once you get there. However, it also goes outside the park a few miles so you can catch it in Springdale, too.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaRules View Post

Thanks,
Patsy
Hi Patsy,

There's not any rv park that I know of that has a shuttle to both parks.

If the America the Beautiful Senior Pass is the same as the senior pass sold at the parks when you turn 62, then yes.. you get free admission to the parks and half off camping fees.

There isn't any hook ups for RVs in Bryce. For that you'd need the stay at Ruby's right outside the park.

We are camp hosting in sunset campground until July 15th so if your plans change stop in and say hi