Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #29

Bryce vs. Zion?

I don't see how you can rate one over the other. They are both amazing and totally different in what they have to offer and both are worth seeing.

My wife made the observation at Zion that it was one of the few canyons that you drive down into and through at the bottom instead of looking down into it. True.

Don

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #30

Yes, I was referring to discounts inside the park. No discounts at Ruby's. The shutlles stop at the hotel and in front of the campground.

We did the whole Utah NP tour a couple of years ago. Each park has somehing to offer. My wife wanted to spend more time at Bryce to have time to hike down into the canyon.

Last trip was early May - 95 ar Zion and snowing at Bryce.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #31

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just returned from Bryce and Zion. Amazing despite record heat (110 plus at Zion). Crowds were small which was great. Ill post more later but although a quick trip (only 1 location with 2 nights, all the other stops were 1 night), it was great. Kind of a scouting trip for future says too, we also hit pRovo, Salt Lake City, and the salt flats. Whew...and back to work tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Just returned from Bryce and Zion. Amazing despite record heat (110 plus at Zion). Crowds were small which was great. Ill post more later but although a quick trip (only 1 location with 2 nights, all the other stops were 1 night), it was great. Kind of a scouting trip for future says too, we also hit pRovo, Salt Lake City, and the salt flats. Whew...and back to work tomorrow.
Did you hit Moab (Arches) by chance? We are heading there in September and I was wondering what you thought of it. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Blondie View Post

Did you hit Moab (Arches) by chance? We are heading there in September and I was wondering what you thought of it. Thanks!
We did Arches last year. Definately a must see.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #34

Tnblondie.. Arches is a great place. The road in from the main street takes you about 16 miles to the campground. It is NOT a big rig friendly campground. . Tight sites. We stayed outside the park and drove the Grand Vitera all over the place. Even did a little "off roading". Parking is limited. If you drive the rig through, it will be hard to find a place to park, to walk to the "arches". If I remember, the drive down to Canyonlands was about 150 miles round trip. Also route 279, West, is a nice drive.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #35

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
We did not, we only went south of SLC. Gives us more reasons to go back to Utah!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
Tnblondie.. Arches is a great place. The road in from the main street takes you about 16 miles to the campground. It is NOT a big rig friendly campground. . Tight sites. We stayed outside the park and drove the Grand Vitera all over the place. Even did a little "off roading". Parking is limited. If you drive the rig through, it will be hard to find a place to park, to walk to the "arches". If I remember, the drive down to Canyonlands was about 150 miles round trip. Also route 279, West, is a nice drive.
Thanks for the info!!!!

Our toad is a Jeep, so I'm really looking forward to doing a bit of off-roading. And we're staying out in town and will toad around to Arches, Dead Horse and whatever else we find
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Blondie View Post
Thanks for the info!!!!

Our toad is a Jeep, so I'm really looking forward to doing a bit of off-roading. And we're staying out in town and will toad around to Arches, Dead Horse and whatever else we find
If you have the time, go a little out of the way and see Goblin Valley. IMO, it is worth the drive.
Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by campgeek99 View Post
If you have the time, go a little out of the way and see Goblin Valley. IMO, it is worth the drive.
Enjoy!
We have 3 full days / 4 nights at Portal RV resort, north of the city. Hiking is iffy for me, so we will be doing some driving, I'm sure! Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #39

I have done Zion and we just did Bryce - personally if you could only do one then go see Bryce!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, and Arches NP all have their own beauty and wonderment!!! Here's a shot of each when we visited them earlier this year.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #41

The whole southern half of Utah should be declared a National Park.
So much to see I'm spending a month there next year.

Zion (favorite NP) (see Joe's Guide to Zion National Park - Welcome!)
Zion Subway (if I can get a permit)
Arches
Canyonlands (Island in the Sky, Needles)
Dead Horse Point SP
Negro Bill Canyon
Cedar Breaks National Monument
Capitol Reef
San Rafael Swell
Dark Canyon Wilderness
Hell's Backbone Trail
Muley Point & John's Canyon
Burr Trail
Hole-in-the-Rock road adventure
Natural Bridges NM
Grand Staircase-Escalante NM
Bryce
Valley of the Gods
Glen Canyon
Kodachrome Basin State Park
Goblin Valley State Park
Goosenecks State Park
Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
Blackcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #42

Blackcell. Sooo true. We spent a month on our trip to Utah. Not enough. Who would of thought rocks could be so awesome. We seen about 80% of those places you listed.All are a must see.
WE just returned from the Black Hills/Badlands, beautiful, but not as awe inspiring as Utah. Would love to return for 6 weeks, but looks like next year it will be Louisiana/Mississippi and the gulf.