Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #1

Zion - St George Utah? Best Park? Place to Go?

Hey Guys and Girls...

Please give me some ideas where to stay with a 36 foot Class A Coach in the Zion / St. George Utah area. Also, I'm a photography and will be looking for cool places to shoot photography. Places we can hike or take the Jeep...

Thanks you for sharing your thoughts... Gary
mictouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
By far the best we saw was Zion River RV Resort, Virgin UT. Level pads, some grass, great pool and spa. Close enough to park yet away from the touristee stuff. Doesn't have the wind that you get as you move closer to St George.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
By the way plenty of hikes inside Zion...photography best in AM before 10 and after 230 in the PM...makes for great shadows emphasizing the different colors and rock formations.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We stayed at Zion River RV Resort, great place to stay, would stay there again if I was in that area. Best hike in the park is Hidden Canyon, great views and sights.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another vote for Zion River RV. You can use it as a base to see southern Utah if you like.

Where to go? Pick something and go, you will not be disappointed. You cannot see it all. No driving through Zion Canyon travel is by shuttle with lots of places to off load and hike.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Closer to St. George is Sand Hollow State Park with full hookups, very nice and right next to the Sand Hollow off-road area.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #7

Another vote for Zion River Resort. Best photo we have taken on a hike yet, was at the Emerald Pools. Late afternoon, sun behind the small waterfall.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #8

You could stay right in Zion at Watchman campground or another scenic place is Sand Hollow State Park more toward St. George.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictouch View Post
Hey Guys and Girls...

Please give me some ideas where to stay with a 36 foot Class A Coach in the Zion / St. George Utah area. Also, I'm a photography and will be looking for cool places to shoot photography. Places we can hike or take the Jeep...

Thanks you for sharing your thoughts... Gary
If you'll be visiting Zion there is RV camping in the park at the South campground:
South Campground - Zion National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
No hookups or reservations. Yesterday I tried to get a site there. The recording at the phone number says they usually fill up by early afternoon but when I arrived about 11 AM the ranger at the gate told me they were full by 8AM.

As a photographer I'm sure you'd be interested in The Wave, but it's very hard to get a permit. It's too late for you to enter the online lottery, but there is a daily lottery you can enter at the Kanab BLM office the day before you'd like to go. Kanab as I recall is maybe 45 minutes from the south entrance to Zion. The Wave trailhead is som 40 miles south on 89 from Kanab, but if you can get a permit many people would consider that a real coup.

If you'll be heading down 89 toward AZ I've written a post on my blog about Buckskin Gulch slot canyon (photo below). See RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	63688  
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #10

Another Vote for Zion RV Park. Lots to do and see and if you have a jeep nice areas to 4 X 4 outside the national park.

Use your camera as there lots of great places to take pictures.