Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #1

Anyone going?
This year will be our first time. We are going with a group of people who have been going for years and will be staying in the Coca Cola lot. Anyone have any advice?

'01 Trail Lite Bantam B23S behind a
walt7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #2

Anyone going?
This year will be our first time. We are going with a group of people who have been going for years and will be staying in the Coca Cola lot. Anyone have any advice?

Old 02-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #3

Walt,
We have gone for every Brickyard that has been held--11 years. You'll have a good time. The raceway is a classic and there are a lot of fans. The best racing occurs about 8 miles away at IRP. They race Wednesday, Thursday & Friday nights. The traffic to & back from IRP is miserable.
Ironically 2005 will be the first year we won't be going. There is very little racing going on at the raceway other than the Saturday race. We always figured they'd move the Busch cars to the big track from IRP, but no. Because of the lack of racing at the big track and having to travel to see the best racing(Busch & Trucks) we exchanged our tickets for Michigan where they have three racing classes for the same money.

Steve
Country Coach
Old 02-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">e </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
rheavn,
Yo are so right about IRP. We've been going there since 1998. IRP has been my all time favorite track until last August when the DH and I went to the night race at Bristol! Anyway, the views from the Brickyard leave alot to be desired. This summer will be the first full season with the TT. We have our reservations for the Tom Raper campground at IRP. Just can't wait! Bristol first, then truck race in Mansfield, OH, then on to Michigan in June, Chicagoland in July, IRP/Brickyard in August and finish with Bristol!!!! Hope to meet some of you guys at the races!

2005 Sprinter 249
Sprinter 249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:30 AM   #5

Walt,
I forgot to say to take in the museum. It is inexpensive and very interesting. Also walk through the infiel & take in gasoline alley. A lot of history there. Your campground is across the street from turn 4.

Don & Tena,
When we go back to Indy we're going to camp at IRP and watch the 400 on tv. Looks like our paths won't cross this year, but it is always fun to meet racing fans. We're going to Texas, Talladega, Michigan in August & Phoenix in November.

Steve
Country Coach
Old 03-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
K

Hi Jerry and/or Sue,

We're going to the F1 race at Indy this summer, but we've never been to a NASCAR race there so the only advice I have is to get that margarita machine built!

We don't have any pictures, but will get some and e-mail them to you shortly.

-Karen
Old 03-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #7

Karen. I am also going to the F1 race in June.
I will be in lot 1A, never been to the race with my MH. Pulling in the night before the race. Other than Margarita Machine any advice ? Thanks, Tim
Old 07-22-2005, 07:00 AM   #8

Well it's getting close. Anybody else going?