Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2011 Redmond Rally

We just paid for the 2 day early bird one. Just curious- the fairgrounds are either close or within the same venue, and they offer full hook ups..besides this, is there another advantage to staying in the fairgrounds? I really like the idea of all hook ups, but I value the idea of being with the rally people too- like all the Winne owner's, and all the new friends we'll make!

Drew
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well,

When I got the confirmation via e-mail today, I needed to add DW so she'd have her name tag too. Then I asked about the fairgrounds...It seems no one will have the use of the full hook ups even though they may be at a site that has them. When the Rally is there- they take up all the spaces- so nobody has "dibbs" on anything with all the goodies. I didn't ask why, but it's ok. Maybe someone out there knows the answer.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #3

Keeping in mind its been a Few years since I attended "that" Rally in Redmond, I think the main advantage you get by staying on site at the Fairgrounds is the convience of it all. I choose to stay off site at a Full service CG(Crooked River area) and drove the toad each day to the firgrounds. It worked out fine for me but if you are lucky enough to be within walking distance of your RV..that would really make it SWEET! Have a Great Time!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
We attended the Redmond Rally in July or August 2010. We were parked close - within walking distance of the displays and shows. They did/do have shuttles similar to a bus system that picked up and dropped at locations near our site. We had electricity but not water or septic. I think they had a mobile septic pump service and also water available but not at the site. We thought it a great event.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You can have 30 amp, and a short walk down hill to the fairgrounds.

If you need work on your coach, oil change, etc.,. they will come to your coach and do it all for a reasonable price. Need sat dish installed ? that too. Plus the prices are reasonable.

I always get the generator serviced there. Night time entertainment is good.

Come with full water and empty black/grey tanks and have a carefree time.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #6

We attended the 2005 rally at Redmond. Made the mistake of going with the camping with the Rally. We were put in a farmer's field and sometimes had elec. It was terrible. This time we will stay at Crook County RV Park, at Prineville. We have stayed here before and it is great. It is about 19 miles from the rally. Reservations have been made. 800 609 2599 or 541 447 1209
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Last year (2010) FMCA had their act together. No problems !

Things change over time, the parking area was gravel(ed) and reasonably level.
Meter said 120vac @ 30 amps. Whatever happened in 2005 is not related to 2011.

My last word: Expect a good time and you will have one.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote