Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

2016 Tampa RV Super Show

What was your opinion of the 2016 Tampa RV Show this year? Well organized, quality of the RV's, great show as always, etc.

Stano

Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We've been to the show every other year for the last 6 years and have seen no real difference in the show it's self. Only 2 issues that are there every year, The exhibit halls are too small for all the vendors they put in there, they could cut some of the over kill of campgrounds and open the isles up some then. The other is food vendors to few and WAY OVER PRICED.

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I agree on the vendor space.

Aisles are way too narrow.

That's why visiting on Wed. or Thur. avoids the larger crowds.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:35 AM   #4

First year visiting and compared to Hershey we thought it fell short. Actually prefer the way Hershey is laid out. That being said we enjoyed the show.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
My First Big Show

and I really enjoyed it. It was so much better than the smaller shows I have attended at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds in California--not even close really. For us it was very convenient to see and do what I wanted as our group had our rigs right outside the entry gate 3.

I had a couple of fun encounters. I wandered over to the Tiffin area to check out a couple of their rigs. As I entered an Allegro RED I ran into Bob Tiffin. This gentleman oozes Southern charm. We started talking Alabama football and, as it turns out, both his son and grandson kicked for the Tide. What a nice man. If I were a Tiffin owner I would be more than a little concerned about whether he will continue to be active in the company as I think he may well be the heart and soul of that outfit.

I then headed over to the Newmar section to check out the Ventanas and Dutch Stars. I was playing around with the hazard light controls on a Ventana and managed to turn it on without knowing how to turn the blasted thing off. It started blinking and beeping. I did not feel right about walking away so I sought out what I thought was a North Trail employee in a blue shirt and asked him to help me turn it off. As we were walking toward the Ventana in question, I looked at his face then at his name tag and realized I had the President of Newmar in tow. Matt Miller walked with me over to the Ventana in question them helped me turn off the hazard light. He then walked me over to the table and signed me up for a test drive. Nice man.

And boy are those Newmars sweet! I test drove a Dutch Star with the Newmar head mechanic and then a Ventana with a Freightliner Rep. With the new V drive chassis you can turn a 40 footer on a dime and the Comfort Drive steering is on all their new diesel pushers really works well. After my really scary experiences driving my own gas rig through the gale force winds in Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa this last November the only thing holding me back from moving up to a Newmar is $--I have to believe that Newmar diesel would handle those conditions much better than my Itasca Sunova 33C gasser.

Lastly, there is something really delightful about the excitement and anticipation showing on the faces of customers who are awaiting delivery of a rig that they have on order. As I was walking through a Dutch Star 4369, I met a couple who had one on order. It was like seeing the face of a child on Christmas Eve. That Dutch Star was so plush.

Glenn
Old 01-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Disapointed. This is our second time. Skipped a year but it felt like a repeat of the first year we were there. Food over priced and cold.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This was 2nd year in a row. It seemed exactly the same as last year only more crowded. I went on a Sat this year. I agree it is very narrow in many areas. My first year was great--this year I felt like I wasted my money.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #8

I have just had my knee replaced and had reserved/ rented an electric 3 wheeled scooter to get around the show. I picked it up a gate one and the vendor was quite accommodating.

Initially, the crowds were manageable but later on everything got a bit crazy. I felt apologetic because of my infirmaries but much of the slow down was due to people pushing their dogs/cats around in strollers. The aisles were narrow and the pet strollers are wider than a walker.

I know I am stirring a hornets nest, but, couldn't better arrangements be made for Fido and Foo Foo? Nonetheless, the aisles need to be wider.

I will now be hiding in my bunker until this clears up.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
I have just had my knee replaced and had reserved/ rented an electric 3 wheeled scooter to get around the show. I picked it up a gate one and the vendor was quite accommodating.

Initially, the crowds were manageable but later on everything got a bit crazy. I felt apologetic because of my infirmaries but much of the slow down was due to people pushing their dogs/cats around in strollers. The aisles were narrow and the pet strollers are wider than a walker.

I know I am stirring a hornets nest, but, couldn't better arrangements be made for Fido and Foo Foo? Nonetheless, the aisles need to be wider.

I agree 100% about the pets in strollers! I hoped they enjoyed the show too?

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #10

Quote:

You are 100% correct. We are pet lovers & travel with 2 little dogs & one cat. I would not subject the other patrons of this or any other heavily attended event to us pushing our pet stroller around the grounds and even worse, the vendor buildings. Young parents with small children and folks with a physical issue have no choice but we pet folks should do better.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

When our children left home we made one rule if it eats, it doesn't stay overnight. I Like animals but it does seem that some carry it a little too far. However, I view it as there decision to have the responsibility of raising another little one and cleaning up after them. We all see things differently and I choose to give permission for others to see different than I do.

RVi 2 Auxiliary Braking System
iRent2u is offline   Reply With Quote