Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Anyone going to Oshkosh/AirAdventure?

I have been going to Oshkosh the past 10 years with my travel trailer. Just got this Dutch Star and plan on taking it this year. I am a little worried about getting stuck in the soft dirt/mud that sometimes the rain brings. I normally had a 4x4 pulling the TT so never had a problem before.
__________________

__________________
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi
2000 Newmar Dutch Star
2007 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
I have been going to Oshkosh the past 10 years with my travel trailer. Just got this Dutch Star and plan on taking it this year. I am a little worried about getting stuck in the soft dirt/mud that sometimes the rain brings. I normally had a 4x4 pulling the TT so never had a problem before.
I'll be flying my Q-200 in for the 26th time. A friend is driving our Winnebago Class C in. His first RV experience. Wish us both luck.
__________________

__________________
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
If you been flying in for 26 years you don't need my luck you definitely know what you are doing lol
I wanted to fly in there myself but when I was actively flying but I couldn't find another local pilot willing to fly in there with me including my CFI, they all didn't like the traffic congestion there.
Well here's to clear skies and happy flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyMan View Post
I'll be flying my Q-200 in for the 26th time. A friend is driving our Winnebago Class C in. His first RV experience. Wish us both luck.
__________________
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi
2000 Newmar Dutch Star
2007 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 681
I'll be looking for your Q200. I'd really like to see one up close. Where will you park? I'm driving in on Sunday till Friday. Can we set up a meet somehow?
__________________
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:03 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 99
My and about about 95 other aircraft will be participating in the Airventure Cup race. We will arrive Sunday and we normally park somewhere around the brown arch. Look for aircraft with a big number, plastered on the side. I have race number 22.
__________________
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
What type of race is it?
I always loved canards (incl Rutan designs) and liked their unique inherent safety. I'm surprised there aren't more aircraft models with canards.

One year I was in the EAA Museum and I heard a voice above the usual banter and as I approached Rutan's section there he was giving an impromptu discussion of his background, designs and his around the world trip. I was amazed to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyMan View Post
My and about about 95 other aircraft will be participating in the Airventure Cup race. We will arrive Sunday and we normally park somewhere around the brown arch. Look for aircraft with a big number, plastered on the side. I have race number 22.
__________________
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi
2000 Newmar Dutch Star
2007 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
What type of race is it?
I always loved canards (incl Rutan designs) and liked their unique inherent safety. I'm surprised there aren't more aircraft models with canards.

One year I was in the EAA Museum and I heard a voice above the usual banter and as I approached Rutan's section there he was giving an impromptu discussion of his background, designs and his around the world trip. I was amazed to say the least.
http://www.airventurecuprace.com/
__________________
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Murf2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,842
I go every year and have for 35 some years now.

I used to camp onsite but the last few years the DW drives the m/h to some friends place on a fly in community in northern IL.

The girls visit and he and I fly in & out daily.
__________________
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:10 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Wow what a way to enjoy both hobbies at once!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
I go every year and have for 35 some years now.

I used to camp onsite but the last few years the DW drives the m/h to some friends place on a fly in community in northern IL.

The girls visit and he and I fly in & out daily.
__________________

__________________
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi
2000 Newmar Dutch Star
2007 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vent



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is going to EAA airshow in Oshkosh this summer? Rclukey Entegra Owner's Forum 18 06-03-2015 05:07 AM
Oshkosh PioneerRV RV Events & Gatherings 11 08-24-2010 08:42 AM
Oshkosh, WI Air Venture ralper New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG 2 08-23-2010 11:28 AM
EAA Oshkosh, WI Keith in Denver RV Events & Gatherings 1 06-10-2009 02:46 PM
Oshkosh chassis? HarveyP Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum 3 05-20-2006 12:34 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.