Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #15
Then I don't have to cancel my campgroud reservation and tickets to the November race in Ft. Worth? GOOD!

(You should have seen my jaw dropping as I read your post - glad it ended the way it did! LOL)

Dave & DebbieK

1994 Newmar Kountry Aire, better known as Alfred E. Newmar
DKispert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
For a moment figured it was some big sack of shart that the usual commie-greens had come up with as of late. Glad it was entirely a falacy

'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Somebody been smokin' something they didn't get in a tobacco shop!

'06 Dodge 2500 Megacab Diesel 4x4
Denny Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
You guy's got way to much time on your hands.
Edmonton Alberta Canada
2002 HR Vacationer, W22, 8.1L GM
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #19
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have often heard the "Ban Nascar" and normally I do agree, competitive sports are, in many cases, the problem. FOOTBALL being the worst. But NASCAR is only half a sport, the other half, in fact 90% might be more accurate is competitive ENGINEERING, Though a race can easily be LOST on the track, they are not won there, they are won in the design shop. where Engineers, Mechanics and techincians super fine tune those engines and designes so as to minimize drag, maximize performance and horse power and, this one is all important, GAS MILLAGE.

Imagine if the average car gets oh say 5 mpg and someone figures out how to get the same level of performance but SIX mpg.. He makes one less pit stop, he wins

It is that simple OR a suspension engineer manages to get his car to hug the road just a touch better in the turns.. Again, we have a winner

Now, off the track 25mpg becomes 30 and that accident you were going to have where you lost control and spun out.. Won't happen.

because those same technologies work in people cars too.

Rear View Mirrors: Were invented for, as I recall, INDY-500
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business.
2005 Damon Intruder 377W Radio Active as WA8YXM
John-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Excellent commentary on NASCAR. After reading it, I would advise everyone who has a chance to go to a NASCAR race and really see what a race is all about.
Most people who has never been to a race do not know that it is more than just driving around the track making left hand turns except for a few road races.
It's a couple of concerts, yes they have stages set up for the music-it's a street fair, you would be surpised what you can buy-it's a mixture of all kind of people not just some Redneck beer drinking contest, but more like a fashion show-it's something that should be on everyones BUCKET List.
We went to our first race at Watkins Glen, NY when we were 61 and are sorry it wasn't when we were 21.
2005 KSDP 3910-----2007 Jeep Liberty

read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well as I said in another forum

Normally I'm not much of a fan of competitive sports, I feel that most of them (Epically Football) are the problem.. (Expanding a bit) I mean what is a football game, 11 guys line up across from 11 other guys and when the ball moves they all but heads (yes I know it's shoulders but heads works better here) so what does all that head butting make them? Don't answer that, The team that does the best job of butting heads wins.

Well, then they grow up and become, if lucky, President of the United States, So, what were Saddam and George doing? Why butting heads of course. There is a reason they call it the 'Nuclear football" (the device with can start WW-III)

Back to topic, Nascar

Nascar however, though you can indeed LOOSE the race on the track you do not win it there You win in the shop, and at the design board

Imagine an engineer who designs a car that goes just 1 more mile per gallon,, Well one less pit stop means he wins

Imagine a suspension designer who makes his car hug the road at higher speeds.. Again, faster in the curves, you win.

Now, imagine that same percentage increase in fuel economy on your street machine (Family car) Times how many cars are there in the US,, Big time enegery savings, You could run an Indy 500 every week and still save enegery on just that one innovation.

And when you take that next curve a bit fast, but the car holds in there and delivers you safely.. Thank a NASCAR designer

Next time you look in your rear view mirror and there he is,,, Officer Smily, Overheads on,, Smile on,, Pointing to you and then to the curb.

Thank a NASCAR engineer (They invented the rear view mirror)

Ok, so it's not all good (I had to include that last invention didn't I)
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business.
2005 Damon Intruder 377W Radio Active as WA8YXM
John-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club

Thank a NASCAR engineer (They invented the rear view mirror)

I must correct this. Elmer C.A.Berger invented the rear view mirror for auto use in 1914, which pre-dates NASCAR by almost 40 years.
Can't give that one to a Nascar engineer.

2006 Revolution 40L, 400HP Cat C9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Aero-Turbine Muffler
Avalondanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
Tiffin Owners Club
Much the same could be said about the RV'rs, as a group. What a shameful consumption of scarce resources . . . all in the name of personal pleasure? How can you look yourself in the mirror in the morning?

Oh, and this NASCAR thing. It either has one too many letters or one too few.

NASLCAR = NA "Stock Looking" CAR (but even that is not right, so NACAR it must be).

I don't think there is even one nut or bolt on those cars that is 'stock'. I miss the old days when you could say "there goes a Dodge Charger" or "there goes a Ford Fairlane" or "there goes a Chevy Malibu".
2008 40QRP Allegro Bus
2000 Jeep Wrangler
SlickTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #24
BTW they switched to unleaded a few years back, that makes everything alright doesn't it?

09 F 250 SuperDuty/06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS

flagypsy is offline   Reply With Quote